Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I have an hp g62 340us I'm pretty sure, and I have a 4gb 1rx8 pc3L-12800s ram stick, is it compatible with my labtop and how much ram can I run in it?
HP Recommended

@Nate8432 wrote:
I have an hp g62 340us I'm pretty sure, and I have a 4gb 1rx8 pc3L-12800s ram stick, is it compatible with my labtop and how much ram can I run in it?

The maximum installed memory for your notebook is 8GB. The operating system has to be 64-bit for all memory above 3.25GB to be recognized and useable.

Do a web search using Google or you favorite search engine to find guaranteed compatible upgrade memory modules for your notebook. Use  g62 340us upgrade memory as the key words as I did in the following URL.

https://www.google.nl/search?q=g62+340us+upgrade+memory&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB...

Only install guaranteed compatible memory in your notebook. Do not try matching memory modules to the specifications as you have done unless you don't mind being disappointed when the notebook does not boot into Windows. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I have an HP dv7-1262us.

It's currently completely stock except for an upgrade to Windows 7.

It came with a Core 2 Duo T6400 2.00GHz 800MHz FSB but I'd like to know if it is possible to upgrade it to any of the processors listed on page 93 of the manual: http://www.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01689926.pdf . I'm fairly sure I can't upgrade to the Core 2 Quad due to a higher TDP wattage, but would I be able to upgrade to the Core 2 Duo T9800 2.98GHz 1066MHz FSB?

Here's a snapshot of CPU-Z if that helps at all.

http://gyazo.com/c8eaeaa497b9d402ea69ff4d5398e93b

HP Recommended

Please use CPU-Z again. This time I need you to go to the mainboard tab. Make a screenshot of it and provide me with the URL as you did before with the CPU.

I need to see which Northbridge and Southbridge chipset is integrated onto the systemboard of your notebook.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Here you go: http://gyazo.com/a21e6295ebd48d7982d24493b9166596

Thanks for the reply.

HP Recommended

The Intel Core2 DuoT9800 should work without any issues. It has the same lithography (45nm) and thermal power (35W) as the CPU that is currently installed. Both CPUs are supported by the BIOS.

T9800 specs

T6400 specs

HP Recommended

Does the differing FSB make a difference in the compatibility at all? Or will the faster FSB of the T9800 just give my computer just a little more of a boost?

HP Recommended

@Camaro94 wrote:

Does the differing FSB make a difference in the compatibility at all? Or will the faster FSB of the T9800 just give my computer just a little more of a boost?

That is indeed a possibility. Unfortunately, I do not have access to specs of the systemboard, so I can't state yes with absolute certainty. I do know that the CPU has been tested on the systemboard at HP quality labs, so it is a go for you.

HP Recommended

Hi all  -thanks for this helpful thread!

Just bought an x360 13.3 2 in one:   http://store.hp.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/us/en/pdp/Laptops/hp-pavilion-13-a010dx-x360-convertib...

Got a really good deal on it and for our needs, it fits. However, was a downgrade from my last laptops's specs a bit and I'm noticing it. Slower to open, slower to load, etc.  Went through most of the optimization for 8.1 and within the browsers but haven't seen too much improvement.

Question:

I'm planning to do at least one upgrade. From my research it seems as if adding an SSD will produce better improvement than swapping  the 4gb stick to an 8gb stick. Is this accurate? (And have heard for this model is it a much easier swap hardware wise...people have said the memory is impossible to get to?) Price is the same so just wanted some suggestions on which one makes more sense to do over the other.

If that is accurate - is this model # suggestion from Crucial correct? 

Crucial MX100 128GB SATA 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal SSD

Thanks in advance!

HP Recommended

Yes. An upgrade to an SSD is the best one to add real performance to your notebook. I highly recommend 256GB storage capacity and higher if you can afford it.The following image shows Crucial's recommendations. 

upgrade.png

And a few more SSD recommendations by Crucial. The MX100 is viable.

upgrade2.png

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.