Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@puppyloveny 

That is not a successful recovery.

The recovery partition should be greater than 20 GB but certainly smaller than 30GB.

Try another date and run it again.. Perhaps 01/01/2012.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Yup I am about to try again. I don't recall an option to change a date - what is the significance of this?

What if I just de select the recovery partition alltogether and just leave the other 3  boxes checked?

I'm getting a USB recovery stick from HP so I assume I can just use that and don't need an internal recovery partition anyway?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

In the BIOS  main tab of virtually every PC and notebook, there is an option to change the date and time.  As far as why it works, I have no answer. It was suggested by an HP employee a couple of years ago. It appears to work in most cases.

@puppyloveny wrote:

Yup I am about to try again. I don't recall an option to change a date - what is the significance of this?

What if I just de select the recovery partition alltogether and just leave the other 3  boxes checked? Which three boxes are you referring to?

I'm getting a USB recovery stick from HP so I assume I can just use that and don't need an internal recovery partition anyway? Yes. That is the case.

Thanks!

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hello, I have a HP 15-f039wm Notebook PC. I wanted to know if I could upgrade the celeron procseer to something with a better built in graphics. Thanks for the help

HP Recommended

@Doozku 

Is the notebook at the following link the one you have?

http://www.amazon.com/HP-15-f039wm-Celeron-Processor-Windows/dp/B00NQE8F1I

If your answer is yes:

Yes, you can upgrade to one of the Intel i3 CPUs on page one of the Service and Maintence guide for your notebook. That will bump the CPU integrated HD graphics solution up to Intel HD Graphics 4400, which is definitely an improvement. 

HP Recommended

Thank you. Yes infact, it is a HP 15-f039wm Notebook PC. Thank you, I will look into the upgrade.

HP Recommended
@Mariusica 
@Mariusica wrote:

Hi Erico,

Lennon's problem

I also have a Compaq Presario CQ60 and I have the same problem as Lennon but there is a tiny difference between our laptops and i'm not sure if the Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T9400 (6M Cache, 2.53 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB) 

,that you said it compatible, it's also compatible with my laptop and i can upgrade to it

DMI

------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. DMI BIOS 

• vendor     Hewlett-Packard
  • version    F.24  // The version is different 
  • date         08/13/2008

2. DMI System Information

• manufacturer    Hewlett-Packard
  • product                Compaq Presario CQ60 Notebook PC
  • version                 F.24
  • serial                    (Personal information removed)
  • UUID                     {204F1B64-7580-DD11-ABD3-E0563B65BA6B}

3. DMI Baseboard

• vendor     Wistron
  • model      3612
  • revision   09.41   // Another difference
  • serial        (Personal information removed)

4. DMI System Enclosure

• manufacturer     Wistron
  • chassis type        Notebook
  • chassis serial      Chassis Serial Number

I also have a different processor: 

Processor 1 ID = 0

•     Number of cores      2 (max 2)
  •     Number of threads      2 (max 2)
  •     Name                 Intel Pentium T3200
  •     Codename         Merom
  • @    Specification        Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T3200 @ 2.00GHz
  •     Package (platform ID)           Socket P (478) (0x7)
  •     CPUID            6.F.D
  •     Extended CPUID       6.F
  •     Core Stepping            M0
  •     Technology             65 nm
  •     Core Speed             997.4 MHz
  •     Multiplier x Bus Speed             6.0 x 166.2 MHz
  •     Rated Bus speed                  664.9 MHz
  •     Stock frequency                     2000 MHz
  •     Instructions sets                   MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, EM64T
  •     L1 Data cache                  2 x 32 KBytes, 8-way set associative, 64-byte line size
  •     L1 Instruction cache         2 x 32 KBytes, 8-way set associative, 64-byte line size
  •     L2 cache                           1024 KBytes, 4-way set associative, 64-byte line size
  •     FID/VID Control              yes
  •     FID range          6.0x - 12.0x
  •     Max VID             1.250 V

The chipset is the same

Chipset
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Northbridge       Intel GL40 rev. 07
  • Southbridge        Intel 82801IM (ICH9-M) rev. 03
  • Memory Type      DDR2
  • Memory Size        2 GBytes
  • Channels Dual,       (Symmetric)
  • Memory Frequency       332.5 MHz (1:2)
  • CAS# latency (CL)          5.0
  • RAS# to CAS# delay (tRCD)       5
  • RAS# Precharge (tRP)          5
  • Cycle Time (tRAS)       15
  • MCHBAR I/O Base address    0x0FED10000
  • MCHBAR I/O Size                 4096

Thank you very,very much and i apreciate your work Smiley Happy,

Marius

Help us to help you by posting the following information. You identified your notebook as a Compaq Presario CQ60 Notebook PC, but what is needed is the complete product name or product number. 

see This HP web document if you don't how to locate the model number and\or product number.

HP Recommended

thanks

MineralJohn
I work with HP
HP Recommended

Dear Erico

I made RAM upgrade earlier and now i have 8 gb PC3-10600(1333-MHz), now i am considering CPU upgrade option.

From Maintenance and Service Guide I understand that for my DV6-3125er these processors can give improvement in performance:

Intel Core i7-840QM processor with 1.86 GHz, SC turbo up to 3.2 GHz, Quad 45 W

Intel Core i7-820QM processor with 1.73 GHz, SC turbo up to 3.06GHz, Quad 45 W

Intel Core i7-740QM processor with 1.73 GHz, SC turbo up to 2.93 GHz, Quad 45 W

Intel Core i7-720QM processor with 1.6 GHz, SC turbo up to 2.8 GHz, Quad 45 W

Intel Core i5-580M processor with 2.66 GHz, SC turbo up to 3.33 GHz, Dual 35 W

Intel Core i5-560M processor with 2.66 GHz, SC turbo up to 3.33 GHz, Dual 35 W

Intel Core i5-540M processor with 2.53 GHz, SC turbo up to 3.06 GHz, Dual 35 W

Intel Core i5-520M processor with 2.4 GHz, SC turbo up to 2.93 GHz, Dual 35 W

Intel Core i5-480M processor with 2.66 GHz, SC turbo up to 2.93 GHz, Dual 35 W

As I understand it is very difficult to change GPU and in my case it can give very small improvement (i have ATI 5650, best i can fit is 6550).

Am i right?

Is there any serious problem with overheating if I switch from 35W to 45W processor?

I saw number near screws holding heatsink at motherboard. Should I use this numbers to screw/unscrew it in specific order?

If i have 6-cell battery can i use new 9-cell ?

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hello, I have HP 14 notebook PC 14-r024TX

i'm planning in upgrading my ram. it has a 2g stock ram and i will be adding 4 g more..

is it ok to have 6 g total? and since it has two slots is it preffered to place the 4 gig onto the first slot prior by its size?

thank you very much

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.