Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@Tri1stan wrote:

Also is there any way in can replace the gpu to like a nvidia or something

Read my previous responses to your posts again, please. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Sorry im new to this stuff to it has integradted graphics

This may be a stupid question but would there be any way to change the cpu socket

HP Recommended

Ok can you give me directions on how to change the discrete graphics i have allready done the processor , ram , and the ssd

all i need now is to switch those graphics out

HP Recommended

Hello can you tell me how i can change my discrete graphics or is it built it to the motherboard

HP Recommended

A discrete graphics adapter is an actual physical module that plugs into a slot in the notebook. 

You should consider going back to the very first post I made when I started this thread a couple of years ago. Read it to get a better understanding of what can and can't be upgraded in a notebook. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Yeah i read that but on the first post where you said to me "Switchable discrete graphics"

Are those built in to the processor "APU" or do i use them seperatly?

HP Recommended

You can add these

origina2l.png

And these APU'S

original.png

Now can i change the discrete graphics like you said or not??

HP Recommended

Can you reply to my question?/.

HP Recommended

So can i change it or not that what im wondering because im planning to buy

LINK TO EBAY

SO i can have a apu with dual graphics

So if its a physical module can i take it out and replace it?

HP Recommended

@Tri1stan

Instead of making seperate posts, edit your post. 

Read the article at the following link to get more information on what switchable graphics is. 

It is an advanced feature of high end notebooks that give the use of two seperate graphics output solutions to the logged in user. 

One graphics output comes form the CPU (or APU, depending on whether it is Intel or AMD). 

The other graphics solution is a discrete (meaning seperate) graphics module that is plugged into a slot on the notebook's systemboard. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.