Question
Notebook (Laptop) Upgrade FAQ
Replies (784)

Honor Student
s57mrs
Message 51 of 785 (8,213 Views)

Re: Notebook (Laptop) Upgrade FAQ

Hi i have a ze5604ea , is it possible to change , upgreda a CPU?

p/ndv249e#abn

tnx

Student
YellowInvazn
Message 52 of 785 (8,199 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi

I've been looking to see if it's possible to upgrade the processor for my laptop. I have a hpz5-1000 with Vista 32-bit and it currently has this processor

could you tell me the list of processors that I could upgrade to?

Message Edited by YellowInvazn on 11-02-2009 03:50 PM
Honor Student
marthsmash
Message 53 of 785 (8,197 Views)

Hello,

Can you help me find which processors my notebook (BIOS) supports so that I can upgrade from my slow single core Sempron?

My laptop Details:

Compaq Presario CQ60-419WM

P/N: NV243UA#ABA

AMD Semprom SI-42 2.1GHz

Windows Vista Home Basic 32-Bit

CPU-Z info:

Manufac.: Wistron

Model: 303C  /   08.86

Chipset: Nvidia / GeForce 8200M  / Rev A2

Southbridge: Nvidia / ID075E

Bios

Brand: Hewlett-Packard

Version: F.54

I emailed HP Support but was told that they did not have a list of compatible processors for my model at this time.  Please, any details or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Provost
erico
Message 54 of 785 (8,153 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

s57mrs wrote:

Hi i have a ze5604ea , is it possible to change , upgreda a CPU?

p/ndv249e#abn

tnx

Download and run CPU-Z to provide me with current CPU and chipset information please. Take a look at the post after yours.

regards,

erico 

Message Edited by erico on 11-03-2009 04:20 PM

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Provost
erico
Message 55 of 785 (8,163 Views)

Hi,

YellowInvazn wrote:

Hi

I've been looking to see if it's possible to upgrade the processor for my laptop. I have a hpz5-1000 with Vista 32-bit and it currently has this processor

could you tell me the list of processors that I could upgrade to?

Message Edited by YellowInvazn on 11-02-2009 03:50 PM

Sure. This link is to the support manuals for your laptop.  Look in the Maintenence and Service guide. In the Illustrated parts catalog --> sequential part listing for the entire list of supported, compatible processors for your AMD chipset motherboard. You can install an AMD Turion Ultra Dual-Core 35W ZM-86 2.40GHZ processor as an upgrade. 

regards,

erico 

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having

Provost
erico
Message 56 of 785 (8,166 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

marthsmash wrote:

Hello,

Can you help me find which processors my notebook (BIOS) supports so that I can upgrade from my slow single core Sempron?

My laptop Details:

Compaq Presario CQ60-419WM

P/N: NV243UA#ABA

AMD Semprom SI-42 2.1GHz

Windows Vista Home Basic 32-Bit

CPU-Z info:

Manufac.: Wistron

Model: 303C  /   08.86

Chipset: Nvidia / GeForce 8200M  / Rev A2

Southbridge: Nvidia / ID075E

Bios

Brand: Hewlett-Packard

Version: F.54

I emailed HP Support but was told that they did not have a list of compatible processors for my model at this time.  Please, any details or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a link to the  HP Maintenence and service manual for your notebook. Take a look in the illustrated parts catalog--> sequential part number listing. Look in the sectio for AMD chipset based motherboard not the Intel chipset. Your laptop can take up o an AMD Turion Ultra Dual-Core ZM-80 2.1 Ghz processor. That is quite a nice bump in performance from the single core Semprom.

regards,

erico 

Message Edited by erico on 11-04-2009 11:53 PM

Student
Antonio09
Message 57 of 785 (8,148 Views)

Hey my name is Antonio Quinones and I'm currently using a Dv6 - 1259dx. I was wondering if it was possible that I could upgrade my video card to ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4600. I'm a gamer, but I tend to lag on my laptop due to the factory video card I'm using lacks performance. Relpy when you get a chance.

Provost
erico
Message 58 of 785 (8,151 Views)

Hi,

Antonio09 wrote:

Hey my name is Antonio Quinones and I'm currently using a Dv6 - 1259dx. I was wondering if it was possible that I could upgrade my video card to ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4600. I'm a gamer, but I tend to lag on my laptop due to the factory video card I'm using lacks performance. Relpy when you get a chance.

I will need more information on your laptop. Use ALT+CTRL and tap the S key to invoke product specific information. Please post all of the information as a quote to the message. Upgrading laptop(notebook) video is only possible if...your laptop has an 1) mini PCI express 2) has an MXM interface there are a few more recent possibilities. It all depends on your laptop configuration. Generally only the very recent more high end laptops have upgrade possibilities

regards,

erico 

Honor Student
s57mrs
Message 59 of 785 (8,109 Views)

Hello

thanks for fast reply.

here  is report from  cpu-zcpu

Provost
erico
Message 60 of 785 (8,248 Views)

Hi,

s57mrs wrote:

Hello

thanks for fast reply.

here  is report from  cpu-zcpu

I believe the link to the image is broken. Please try again.

regards,

erico 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation