Question
Notebook (Laptop) Upgrade FAQ
Replies (787)
Reply
 
Tutor
siskorhodes
Posts: 10
Member Since: ‎07-20-2009
Message 61 of 788 (10,587 Views)

Re: Notebook (Laptop) Upgrade FAQ

hi here is data from cpu-z for my latop, could you please tell me which cpu i could use as upgrades for my laptop (G60-213EM)...

 

 Name   Intel Celeron T1600
 Codename  Merom
 Specification  Genuine Intel(R) CPU           T1600  @ 1.66GHz
 Package (platform ID) Socket P (478) (0x7)
 CPUID   6.F.D
 Extended CPUID  6.F
 Core Stepping  M0
 Technology  65 nm
 Core Speed  1662.6 MHz
 Multiplier x FSB 10.0 x 166.3 MHz
 Rated Bus speed  665.0 MHz
 Stock frequency  1666 MHz
 Instructions sets MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, EM64T
 L1 Data cache  2 x 32 KBytes, 8-way set associative, 64-byte line size
 L1 Instruction cache 2 x 32 KBytes, 8-way set associative, 64-byte line size
 L2 cache  1024 KBytes, 4-way set associative, 64-byte line size
 FID/VID Control  no

 Northbridge   Intel GL40 rev. 07
Southbridge   Intel 82801IM (ICH9-M) rev. 03
Memory Type   DDR2
Memory Size   3072 MBytes
Channels   Dual, (Symmetric)

 

bios = F52A

Provost
erico
Posts: 25,933
Member Since: ‎01-07-2009
Message 62 of 788 (10,565 Views)

Re: Notebook (Laptop) Upgrade FAQ

Hi siskorhodes,


siskorhodes wrote:

hi here is data from cpu-z for my latop, could you please tell me which cpu i could use as upgrades for my laptop (G60-213EM)...

 

 Name   Intel Celeron T1600
 Codename  Merom
 Specification  Genuine Intel(R) CPU           T1600  @ 1.66GHz
 Package (platform ID) Socket P (478) (0x7)
 CPUID   6.F.D
 Extended CPUID  6.F
 Core Stepping  M0
 Technology  65 nm
 Core Speed  1662.6 MHz
 Multiplier x FSB 10.0 x 166.3 MHz
 Rated Bus speed  665.0 MHz
 Stock frequency  1666 MHz
 Instructions sets MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, EM64T
 L1 Data cache  2 x 32 KBytes, 8-way set associative, 64-byte line size
 L1 Instruction cache 2 x 32 KBytes, 8-way set associative, 64-byte line size
 L2 cache  1024 KBytes, 4-way set associative, 64-byte line size
 FID/VID Control  no

 Northbridge   Intel GL40 rev. 07
Southbridge   Intel 82801IM (ICH9-M) rev. 03
Memory Type   DDR2
Memory Size   3072 MBytes
Channels   Dual, (Symmetric)

 

bios = F52A


There are quite a few

Intel Core2 Duo (3MB L2 cache) P8400,  2.26 GHz processor

Intel Core2 Duo (3MB L2 cache) P8600,  2.4   Ghz processor

Intel Core2 Duo (3MB L2 cache) P7350,  2.0   GHz processor

Intel Core2 Duo (6MB L2 cache) T9400,  2.53  GHz processor

 

Those are the more robust and speedier compatible and supported processors for your laptop. There are also four Pentium processors as well. I doubt that you would be interested in them. An upgrade to the Intel Core2 Duo (6MB L2 cache) T9400,  2.53  GHz processor would give you the most improvement for your money. It is the amount of L2 cache that really makes that one stand out from the group.

 

regards,

erico 

 





Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****


2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
German
Posts: 5
Member Since: ‎11-05-2009
Message 63 of 788 (10,535 Views)

Re: Notebook (Laptop) Upgrade FAQ

I was looking for a place that could tell me how to upgrade my notebook and I didn't realize that it was right in front of my eyes (at HP Support Forum). THANKS A LOT.

 

Ok, now... I have this DV9575la notebook with the following configuration:

 

Mainboard : Quanta 30CB

Chipset : Intel GM965

Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo Mobile T7100 @ 1800 MHz

Physical Memory : 4096 MB (2 x 2048 Kingston DDR2-SDRAM )

Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS

Disk Controller : Intel 82801H (ICH8 Family) 2 port PATA I/O Controller 

Disk Controller : Intel 82801HM (ICH8M) 3 port SATA I/O Controller cc=AHCI 

Hard Disk : ST9120822AS (120 GB)

Hard Disk : ST9120822AS (120 GB)

DVD-Rom Drive : HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T20L ATA Device

Monitor Type : N170C2-L02  - 17 inches

Network Card : Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN

Network Card : RTL8168/8111 PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Adapter

Operating System : Windows 7 Ultimate Professional 6.01.7600 

DirectX : Versión 10.00

 

I would like to know what parts could I upgrade to their best possible options in terms of capacity and speed.

 

Can I upgrade my HDs to 1Tb WD Scorpio Blue? How about my Processor? Please do not hesitate to let me know your thoughts about all possible options.

 

If you need further details please let me know too.

 

Regards,

German 

Provost
erico
Posts: 25,933
Member Since: ‎01-07-2009
Message 64 of 788 (10,533 Views)

Re: Notebook (Laptop) Upgrade FAQ

Hi,

There are a few compatible, supported processors for your notebook. Besides the one that is already installed there are the

Intel Core2 Duo T7300 2.0 Ghz processor. 

Intel Core2 Duo T7700 2.4 Ghz processor is the best candidate for your upgrade.

Intel Core2 Duo T7500 2.2 Ghz processor 

 

here is the link to the Maintenence and Service guide for your laptop. Download the pdf manual. 

 

regards,

erico 





Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****


2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
German
Posts: 5
Member Since: ‎11-05-2009
Message 65 of 788 (10,520 Views)

Re: Notebook (Laptop) Upgrade FAQ

Hi, thanks a lot for the reply... I'll be upgrading to Intel Core2 Duo T7700 2.4 Ghz processor.

 

Any clues about the HDs upgrade? I would like to know, according to your experience, if it's possible to replace them by two 1Tb WD Scorpio Blue....

 

Best regards,

German 

Honor Student
s57mrs
Posts: 3
Member Since: ‎11-01-2009
Message 66 of 788 (10,468 Views)

Re: Notebook (Laptop) Upgrade FAQ

Hallo

 

Me again, hope this wil help, i coul not attach picture 

 

ze5604ea ,

p/n dv249e#abn

 

code name :Northwood,    brand id 10
Socket 478 mPGA, 

tehnology 0.13

processor : Intel(R) Celeron(R)   CPU 2.60GHz,

F.  model 2.    stepping  9,
F.   ext model 2,   revi d1
instructions ,MMX SSE SSE2,
core speed  2592.59,

multiplier x26.00,

 bus speed 99.72,,

rated FSB 399 MhZ   


Cache 

L1  data   8 KBytes  4way

trace 12 Kuops   8 way

L2  128 Kbytes 2 way

 

  
motherboard  HP

model 0850,  S570 Version PQ1B6
chipset ATI RS200/RS200M   rev 02,
Southbridge ALI M1533

 


BIOS pHOENIX TEHNOLOGIES

 version KF_KH.F.19

 date 12.05 2003

 

ram Kingston,256,2700,Kingston,512,2700

grafic card RADEON IGP 345M,,

Provost
erico
Posts: 25,933
Member Since: ‎01-07-2009
Message 67 of 788 (10,464 Views)

Re: Notebook (Laptop) Upgrade FAQ

Hi s57mrs,


s57mrs wrote:

Hallo

 

Me again, hope this wil help, i coul not attach picture 

 

ze5604ea ,

p/n dv249e#abn

 

code name :Northwood,    brand id 10
Socket 478 mPGA, 

tehnology 0.13

processor : Intel(R) Celeron(R)   CPU 2.60GHz,

F.  model 2.    stepping  9,
F.   ext model 2,   revi d1
instructions ,MMX SSE SSE2,
core speed  2592.59,

multiplier x26.00,

 bus speed 99.72,,

rated FSB 399 MhZ   


Cache 

L1  data   8 KBytes  4way

trace 12 Kuops   8 way

L2  128 Kbytes 2 way

 

  
motherboard  HP

model 0850,  S570 Version PQ1B6
chipset ATI RS200/RS200M   rev 02,
Southbridge ALI M1533

 


BIOS pHOENIX TEHNOLOGIES

 version KF_KH.F.19

 date 12.05 2003

 

ram Kingston,256,2700,Kingston,512,2700

grafic card RADEON IGP 345M,,


 

 Processor upgrades for your laptop are:

2.4,2.66,2.8 or 3.06 GHz Mobile Intel Pentium 4 ProcessorM with Intel speedstep technology, 512kb  L2 cache and 1.2- to1.3-V core low power processor with 400-MHz processor system bus

or

2.8 GHz Intel Celeron processor with the same spec as the one that is already installed in your laptop.

 

Sorry...no Core2 Duo processors are compatible.

 

regards,

erico 





Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****


2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
German
Posts: 5
Member Since: ‎11-05-2009
Message 68 of 788 (10,463 Views)

Re: Notebook (Laptop) Upgrade FAQ

Hi erico...

 

Any clues so far about the WD Scorpio Blue 1Tb on my dv9575la?

 

Thank you in advance for your support...

 

Regards,

German 

Provost
erico
Posts: 25,933
Member Since: ‎01-07-2009
Message 69 of 788 (10,478 Views)

Re: Notebook (Laptop) Upgrade FAQ

[ Edited ]

German wrote:

Hi, thanks a lot for the reply... I'll be upgrading to Intel Core2 Duo T7700 2.4 Ghz processor.

 

Any clues about the HDs upgrade? I would like to know, according to your experience, if it's possible to replace them by two 1Tb WD Scorpio Blue....

 

Best regards,

German 


The first hard disk should be no problem. Here is the maintenence and service guide for your laptop for your reading pleasure.
For the second hard disk:
You will need to buy a SATA connector and a drive caddy since the laptop doesn't come with one for a second drive. Here is a link to instructions on how to add the second hard drive
regards,
erico 
Message Edited by erico on 11-06-2009 09:26 PM




Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****


2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
German
Posts: 5
Member Since: ‎11-05-2009
Message 70 of 788 (10,501 Views)

Re: Notebook (Laptop) Upgrade FAQ

Hi erico:

 

Excellent support... Just a couple of final questions:

 

1.- It is great that I can upgrade the first HD to a WD Scorpio Blue 1Tb with no problems. But, I wonder, do I still need to buy a SATA connector and a drive caddy for the second hard drive upgrade to a WD Scorpio Blue 1Tb if my dv9575la already has two hard drives?

 

2.- Do you know if it's possible to make an upgrade for the Video card?

 

Thank you again and best regards,

German 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation