Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi, Lil_Lisa27,

I7-3820QM processor supports the motherboard chipset HM76. Its distinguishing feature of USB 3.0. My motherboard with HM65 chipset only supports USB 2.0. In the catalog of spare parts for laptop ENVY 17 Series 3000 components are for use only on computer models with USB 3.0 capability, and for use only on computer models with USB 2.0 capability.
I need to replace all of the components?
Regards

HP Recommended

Hi Elis67,

I can only go on the information that I have, which means that I can not confirm that processor will work on that mother board properly. You would have to search the specification for piece of hardware that you want to change to make sure that everything is compatible for your computer.

Thank you

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

hello 

my laptop many time in the day get bring a blue page up and after a 60 sec get restarted

what should i do?

HP Recommended

Hi mahsaygh,

I understand that you are experiencing a blue screen on your computer, and then it restarts. To be able to assist you further, I would needs a bit more information.

What is the full model number of your computer? I have included the 'Guide to finding your product number?'.

What version of Windows are you currently running? I have included the document 'Which Windows operating system am I running?'.

Thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the HP G60-441US model with:

CPU: Pentium Dual-Core T4200/2.0GHz/800Mhz FSB;

Memory: 3Gb DDR2 ram;

Motherboard: Wistron/Model: 3612;

Chipset: Intel GL40;

Graphics: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD;

Can you help me about upgrading my processor, what processor I can use what I can't. Is it possible to use the Intel C2D T9300 on 2.5Ghz or not. I've taken it appart twice for cleaning so I know how to do it.

Thank you and best regards.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for all the information. I have included the 'Compaq Presario CQ60 Notebook PC HP G60 Notebook PC - Maintenance and Service Guide'. This will take you through the process of replacing the hardware, but as well will tell you what processors are compatible with your computer. Please scroll down to page 85 for all the necessary information.

Please let me know if this answers your question, thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for the fast reponse and help. I've readed the manual and I can't see my original CPU Intel T4200 in the manual is this the manual for my laptop because if it is it would have my original CPU written in the manual. Is it possible to install the Intel T8300 processor because I allready have one.

Thank you and best regards.

HP Recommended

Hello,

For the two Processors that you have mentioned, they are not listed on page 85 of the service guide. As result I can not guarantee that they will work. The list of available processors that will work are listed on page 85.

Thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hello

I have a new HP Envy M6-1302sa laptop.

i wish to upgrade the ram from 4GB to 8GB.

i need to know specifically what RAM I should buy is it 10600 or 12800 and I know its 1333mhz DDR3 already its just the 10600 & 12800 i dont know...

Or you could just tell me exactly what it is 🙂

thanks a lot

HP Recommended

Hi i have an HP Pavilion 17-e010eo - 17.3" - Core i3 3110M - Windows 8 64-bit - 4 GB RAM - 500 GB HDD

I wonder if i can put a intel i5 3210m processor inside? also wondering if i can upgrade the ram to 8gb

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.