Question

Honor Student
ravisson
Message 1 of 12 (8,943 Views)
Accepted Solution

Notebook has "charging battery" led blinking with charger connected, but doesnt turn on

I'm with the following problem:

1) My notebook doesnt turn on. Even when it is connected to the charger. I've tested 3 working different chargers.

2) Sometimes the led that indicates "charger connected" does not light. And when it lights, the "battery charging" led keeps blinking. In this case, when I try to power on my notebook it begins to start up but in few seconds it turns down.

It is a DV4-2160us.

What could be happening and what could I do?

Honor Student
fiuwe
Message 2 of 12 (8,862 Views)

Re: Notebook has "charging battery" led blinking with charger connected, but doesnt turn o

Good morning,

I have the same blinking advice ...

Any solution ?

Thanks

Best Regards

Honor Student
ravisson
Message 3 of 12 (8,859 Views)

Re: Notebook has "charging battery" led blinking with charger connected, but doesnt turn o

Hi,

No news yet. I put a new charger and the led stop blinking. Apparently everything is right, all leds working normally, the icon in the tray of windows start menu indicates that battery is charging, but the problem is: the battery is not charging!

I'll send my laptop to maintenance today and asap I'll post here the solution.

See you,

Rávisson

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 12 (8,854 Views)

Please identify your notebook/pc .

Look at the base/rear/side of the notebook/pc at the barcoded sticker.

Post items numbered 1 and 2 on the following example of an HP notebook's barcodedimage. Your barcode may be slightly different but will still have the important imformation needed for us to help you.  

###Do not post the serial number as it is personal information.###
c01931836.gif
Post the installed operating system version ( is it 32 or 64-bit? ) and whether the CPU is an AMD or Intel product

Not posting all of the information as requested will delay our responses and slow troubleshooting of the issue that led you to author a thread.

Is your notebook/PC still within its warranty period?

Have you run the battery status check in the HP Support Assistant?

Best regards,

erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the Kudos thumbs up icon

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
fiuwe
Message 5 of 12 (8,843 Views)

I'll post all  the information you need as soon as I'm back at home....

Regards

Provost
erico
Message 6 of 12 (8,841 Views)

How long have you had that battery?

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having

Honor Student
ravisson
Message 7 of 12 (8,829 Views)

Hello,

DV4-2160US

P/n WA683UA#ABA

Windows 7, 64bit

It is not in warranty, its has over in May.

I ran the battery check. Is ok. I put it in other laptop and it worked well.

For example: I charge my battery in other laptop after I put it in my laptop. It works well.

If I try to charge the battery in my laptop I do not get it.

If I try to turn on my computer just supplied by the charger. It does not work.

I both a new charger, but the problem keeps on.

Thank you very much.

Honor Student
ravisson
Message 8 of 12 (8,827 Views)

My battery has a little more than one year..

Provost
erico
Message 9 of 12 (8,815 Views)

[ Edited ]

Is the new charger an HP external power adapter that is identical to the original power adapter?

A power adapter must be able  to power on the notebook without a battery installed. If you can't run the notebook with the power adapter, then either your motherboard has a problem or the replacement power adapter is faulty.

Does the led not come on when the power adapter is connected to the notebook?

There should be a lit led (white or red depending on the notebook model) even with the notebook closed up and powered off.

Best regards,

erico

Student
01saleh
Message 10 of 12 (8,697 Views)

Ok if your computer switches on then goes off after a little while,  it's your processor heating up and the cooling is not working.  Check that the fan runs, check you have cooling paste on the processor or what ever cooling method you use is working. Give it a clean.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation