Question
Opticarc BD ROM BC-5500S ATA Device Help
Replies (32)

Tutor
markm75d
Message 31 of 33 (1,281 Views)

Re: Optical BD ROM BC-5500S ATA Device Help

Anyone ever found a workaround for the bluray disc issue.. Anyone tried replacing their Bluray drive with a newer one? I'm out of warranty and out of ideas on mine.. a dv7t-1xxx i believe.. warranty ran out 6 months ago of course.
Top Student
bevyd94
Message 32 of 33 (1,264 Views)

Re: Opticarc BD ROM BC-5500S ATA Device Help

It seems that I am having the same problem as alot of you. I have the HP Pavilion dv7 3065. I thought it was the blu-ray player that was the issue. I cannot play any movies now on my player. I have tried increasing the MB intake for the computer and also there is a section on the computer where you can say exactly what program you want to use to play your movies. NO LUCK! So I bought another DVD software program to see if the problem would be resolved and I have had problems with every version, 3 to be exact, and hundreds of dollars later, the problem is not resolved. Any help with these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Top Student
bevyd94
Message 33 of 33 (1,262 Views)

Re: Opticarc BD ROM BC-5500S ATA Device Help

Also...I have the 55001S...Don't know if that will make any difference in the issue at hand..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation