Question

Top Student
sniggorcs
Message 1 of 8 (635 Views)
Accepted Solution

Overheating laptop

I have a pavilion dv1207 us laptop. I have been having a problem with it shutting down on its own. I noticed last night that I do not hear a fan blowing, should I hear it blowing and where is the fan or fans located.

Grad Student
Zincas
Message 2 of 8 (623 Views)

Re: Overheating laptop

Hi Sniggorcs,

You should be able to hear your fans. You hear is locate please look at the picture have have added

C00444244.jpg

Hope it helps you.

Best regards
Zincas
I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
sniggorcs
Message 3 of 8 (537 Views)

I also noticed that the rattle snake noise that I used to hear all the time is now gone. I had assumed the noise was coming from the hard drive, it must have been coming from the fan. I pointed a fan towards the laptop and placed the laptop on two pieced of 1x2 to prop it up last night. It ran all night, no problems. Never shut off. Problem discovered. Now all I have to do is repkace the fan. Easier said than done. Thank you for your help.

Grad Student
Zincas
Message 4 of 8 (531 Views)

Your welcome.

Best regards
Zincas
I work on behalf of HP
Student
md_sanjeet
Message 5 of 8 (401 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi ,

My laptop is getting shut down after 5 to 10 mintute due to overheating . its shows that cooling fan is not working , pls suggest what is the solution of this problem .

Thanks

sanjeet singh

[edited by Moderator]

Grad Student
Zincas
Message 6 of 8 (355 Views)

Hi,

If you get error on the system fan. Will I recommend you get the CPU fan replaced asap.

Thats the only thing you can do on this problem.

Best regards
Zincas
I work on behalf of HP
george-p
Message 7 of 8 (318 Views)

Hi @md_sanjeet ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. I'm sorry to inform you that your post has needed some editing to remove personal information such as the phone number in your post. From our Rules of Participation:

Protect privacy - yours and others'. Don't share anything about yourself that you would not want to see on a road-side billboard. Don't post contact or other personal information-your own or anyone else's-or any content that you receive in one-to-one communications without the author's consent. For example, don’t post your computer’s serial # or contact information publicly, and do not allow someone you don’t know to remotely take control of your computer.

If you need people to contact you directly, either ask them to send you a private message or subscribe to the thread so you will be notified when there are replies. You may also click on your name anywhere in the forum and you will be taken to your profile page, where you can find a list of threads you have participated in.

Sharing personal email addresses, telephone numbers, and last names is not allowed for your safety. If you have any questions feel free to send me a private message in reply.

Thank you
George

I work for HP
Tutor
zanst
Message 8 of 8 (101 Views)

hi

plese how can i see the rom on the motherboard laptop

[link edited by Moderator]
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation