Overheating problem pavilion g7 notebook (4107 Views)
Student
Codely
Message 1 of 3 (4,107 Views)

Overheating problem pavilion g7 notebook

i have a HP pavilion g7 Notebook PC windows 7 64 bit, i have been overheating and shutting down every 10 minutes and i must say its really annoying especially because it overheated as i was about to submit my last post. i have no clue why this is happening but i would appreciate it very much.

Associate Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 2 of 3 (4,094 Views)

Re: Overheating problem pavilion g7 notebook

Take a look at this document...

Fan Runs Constantly, the PC Notebook Operates Slower than Expected and Generates Heat

Essentially,

• make sure the notebook is not full of dust (how to clean it is explained in the one of the links in the doc above - shut it down, disconnect everything, use short, clean burst of compressed air in the same direction as the fan...
  • make sure the notebook has lots of air circulation (it is NOT a laptop),
  • make sure the BIOS is updated  (see the doc)
  • stick a cooler under it (buy for quality and not for price)
  • do a search on this forum for keyword "overheat" - LOTS of info here.  Separate the chaff from the good info.

I hope this helps!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Click the White Kudos Star on the Left to give Kudos for the help.

Please Click “Accept as Solution” to say issue is solved.

Always Include:  (Computer) Product Number  ,  Printer – Model Number ,

Never give out your Serial Number

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Year of the Dragon!

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Student
chianne
Message 3 of 3 (2,304 Views)

Re: Overheating problem pavilion g7 notebook

I also have a notebook with the same problem. I do clean out the fan area. But it continues to do it so my next move is the BIOS. And I have no clue what that is and where to go to fix that problem. Thanks for any ideas!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation