Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hey @saahir ,

Hey np with issues I understand you were upset. Here is a link to your manual page 66 for the keyboard. You might need to replace the heat sink paste on the Notebook page 84. Here is a Youtube video that shows you how to do that.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi

2 questions:

a) Can u please advise me how to disassemble this notebook to clean the GPU fan?

b) The latest driver for my GPU was released 31 July 2014, according to the following link:http://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/hp​-pavilion-dv6-6c00-entertainment-notebook-pc-seri.... So, do you know whether AMD will release another update for this driver?

Thanks

Kind Regards

HP Recommended

Soory only saw your new message nwo.. Will check it out:smileywink:

HP Recommended

Hi

Only today I got the chance to dissamble the notebook... But the laptop won't turn on now.. When I connect the charger though, it shows its charging. RAM and HDD is definately seated correctly

HP Recommended

Hey @saahir ,

I recommend taking the Notebook to a repair facility where they could test the Notebook parts. They could tell you what part is not working correctly.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I experienced the same issue over 3 months later I just cleaned my laptop fan then it was fixed and I found some thing useful from this link and followed them 

How to fix overheating laptop problem 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.