Question

Honor Student
Hybrid514
Message 1 of 2 (844 Views)

Painting My Laptop.

[ Edited ]

I've searched and was unable to find any posts about this in this forum so I decided to post and ask. I've been looking into painting my laptop (while keeping the hp emblems on *of course*) for some time and done the research on disassembling the laptop to make sure to not harm the inside components. and on what kind of paints to use. I'm looking at using the krylon fusion paint designed for plastics and possibly going to a local bike/auto shop to get some airbrushing done. 

My main concern is with the face plate surrounding the keyboard. for the life of me I can't decide if that is metal or plastic. I have the hp dv7 laptop. Don't have it on hand so I can't say the specific model. But I wasn't sure if that mattered.

Also I would love if anyone would be able to give me some advice on how to go about it. I.e.. layers of paint, primer, sealant or anything else that may be a good idea to do, and if anyone has or knows of a site that has directions or advice on painting. I haven't been able to find anything to descriptive on the internet.

Thank You.  

*EDIT* Aslo would like to add I don't have a warranty to worry about, So that is not an issue.

Message Edited by Hybrid514 on 04-29-2009 11:35 AM
Honor Student
Kestrelhp
Message 2 of 2 (737 Views)

Re: Painting My Laptop.

I think that you should consider whether the paint is affected by heat, especially on the underside of the laptop. Also, if you're taking it apart to spray the case, you need a static free place to store the innards.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation