Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I would like to know is the sound card Integrated, or do they use an audio board. (Please Confirm)

Thanks in advance.

MIKE

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply but HP has order dispatch service for my laptop.

Thanks for your help.

MIKE

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

HI,

@Young032 wrote:

I would like to know is the sound card Integrated, or do they use an audio board. (Please Confirm)

Thanks in advance.

MIKE

There is no sound card. The audio solution is in the form of a chip integrated into the notebook system board.

Advise which dv6 you want to know about specifically as there are many different dv6 models.

Best regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I have no audio on any application.  I even try headphones still no audio. The device manager show device is working property, and icon in the right hand corner shows sound is not muted. I even try uninstalling the device and updated the latest driver still did not help.

Here is my model:

Pavilion Dv6- 1378nr

S/N# CNF9387QXM

P/N: VV255UA

Hope this helps, thanks!

Mike

HP Recommended

HI,

@Young032 wrote:

I have no audio on any application.  I even try headphones still no audio. The device manager show device is working property, and icon in the right hand corner shows sound is not muted. I even try uninstalling the device and updated the latest driver still did not help.

Here is my model:

Pavilion Dv6- 1378nr

S/N# CNF9387QXM

P/N: VV255UA

Hope this helps, thanks!

Mike

Here is a link to a troubleshooting checklist on no sound or audio from HP.

Best regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply but HP has order dispatch service for my laptop.

Thanks for your help.

MIKE

HP Recommended

Erico, what are the audio chip's specs on the Pavilion dv6t Select Edition (dv6tse)?  Thanks.

HP Recommended

i have a hp pavilion dv6-6140us and when i record my voice with a microphone its only on the left side of the headphones and computer speakers.. what do i need to do? because ive uninstaled an reinstaled the driver for audio several times an nothing worked,, do i need to replace the audio chip or something?

HP Recommended

pavilion dv6 notbook sound card

HP Recommended
Does the 1020 ei logo light up
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.