Question

Student
Tweedledee2
Message 1 of 2 (118 Views)

Pavilion G6 hard drive failure

My Pavilion g6-1d18dx recently failed.  The fans were running loudly for a while and then it started freezing up and shutting itself down.  I reinstalled Windows and managed, despite all the stalls and imminent failure shutdowns, to get  updates and SMART Check diagnostic reports:  battery OK, RAM OK, disk & startup failure id: 60fa08-63d756-mfgk01-609703 product ID: a6y41ua#aba.  Can I be sure that this is a HD failure and not a motherboard failure or a cooling issue?  It was diagnosed as a motherboard failure by a local shop.  I would hate to drop $70 on a replacement HD if that won't fix it.  Can I run it off an external HD to see if there are other issues?

HP Support Agent
BHK6
Message 2 of 2 (93 Views)

Re: Pavilion G6 hard drive failure

Hi Tweedledee2

Welcome to the HP Support Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I saw your post regarding the Failure ID you received during the diagnostics check. That code does indicates a hard drive failure. You won't be able to run your notebook from an external hard drive unfortunately.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation