Re: Pavilion G6 not booting (133 Views)
Student
However
Message 1 of 2 (163 Views)

Pavilion G6 not booting

I have a Pavilion G6 that is suddenly not turning on. I plugged it in to charge after the last use, and let it charge for a few hours before unplugging it, but when I went to turn it on the next day the battery had no charge. I had to plug it back in to get the computer to turn on at all. However, when I turn it on, the light by the button comes on as well as the power light on the side, the wifi light on the F12 key is orange, and I can hear the fan running. This is all that happens; the screen does not turn on, none of the other lights flash or blink, neither the caps lock or the num lock lights turn on when pressed. Also, the light on the side of the laptop next to the power indicator light (which I assume is the hard drive indicator light) is not turning on. Any suggestions? Preferably some that will not cost me my documents saved on the device. Thanks in advance.
HP Support Agent
SuperMario1
Message 2 of 2 (133 Views)

Re: Pavilion G6 not booting

Hello However,

Welcome to the HP Forums! I hope you enjoy your stay!

I understand the computer does not turn on. I apologize for the delay, but I will do my best to assist you! To commence troubleshooting, I would encourage you to attempt the steps in this HP document: Computer Does not Start

The document starts by walking through the proper steps to performing a reset. Once this is done, you can try specific steps according to your issue. I believe this document will resolve the issue. If not, you should contact HP phone support for hardware assistance. You can utilize this website to learn how to contact HP appropriately, based on your region: Contact HP Worldwide

Thanks for bringing this issue to the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation