Question

Top Student
doufu
Message 1 of 3 (1,921 Views)

Pavilion TX1304ca Wireless Card Vanish

My notebook Pavilion tx1304ca is out of warranty , just one month passed!

The wireless card disappeared 2 worked, my device cannot find it....I just used less than 10 times. I reinstalled my system and I removed the wireless card, then placed it again, it appreared 2 mins, than it's gone again, since then it's never showed again.
I chat with tech support online, Rory, he's nice, but he couldn't resolve the problem, just suggested to call HP tech local in canada.
And I called, wasted time to wait for someone who can answer me. Then a Madam talked to me, used 10 mins to creat my profil.ok, she told me that mini wireless doesn't work, but because it's out of warranty, so I need to pay if it's repaired,it will cost 450$! OMG! I can buy another Labtop. I googled the price, it costs just 19$+, I can change myself, but I'm not prety which one I could replace. So do you have some suggestions? or maybe it can be fixed free by HP thanks.

Teacher
Morpheous416
Message 2 of 3 (1,871 Views)

Re: Pavilion TX1304ca Wireless Card Vanish

I'm willing to assume that the device is not listed in the device manager, and the WLAN light on the front edge of the NB is orange.  After reseating the card, and uninstall / reinstall of the drivers hasn't worked.

Even if you did get a new WLAN card, it's more than likely not going to work either unless it was the card that failed and not the motherboard. 

Provost
CherylG
Message 3 of 3 (1,868 Views)

Re: Pavilion TX1304ca Wireless Card Vanish

I agree,it is probably the infamous motherboard fault.That is why price is so high.Have you tried updating BIOS then Wireless driver?

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation