Question
Pavilion dv6 hp true vision hd inbuilt webcam not working or even detected by any program !
Replies (107)

Honor Student
Xx_WaKeY_xX
Message 101 of 108 (641 Views)

Re: Pavilion dv6 hp true vision hd inbuilt webcam not working or even detected by any program !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKGz4lvYnhc Watch this video. It explains how the fault lies with the maufacturing of the machine and not the software it uses. The connector between the motherboard and webcam has come loose and needs pushing back together. It's real simple to do and is garuanteed to work. :smileyhappy:

Student
obaid12345
Message 102 of 108 (629 Views)

Re: Pavilion dv6 hp true vision hd inbuilt webcam not working or even detected by any program !

my webcam inbuilt is not working

Student
koklus
Message 103 of 108 (553 Views)

my webcam not working

Tutor
MikeMeinz
Message 104 of 108 (512 Views)

On my DV7T, I disabled and re-enabled the Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller and the webcam was then visible and enabled.
Student
donald4217
Message 105 of 108 (289 Views)

need help please!!

HP Support Agent
SuperMario1
Message 106 of 108 (260 Views)

Hello everyone,

For those of you who are experiencing webcam and/or True Vision issues, I'm here to help. To begin, please try all of the solutions in one of these documents, depending on your operating system:

Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 7)

Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 8)

Those documents cover the basics. If you cannot resolve the issue with these steps, then you should check out this thread for additional suggestions: HP True Vision HD cam is not working

That's all I can suggest. Let me know what happens. Thanks!

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" next to it to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
MikeMeinz
Message 107 of 108 (257 Views)

I didn't find solution I figured out on my own for my PC in your troubleshooting pages.

A couple of times a month when I power on my PC in  the morning, the webcam is not available. It does not show in Device Manager.

This is always the cause and solution:

In Device Manager, the Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 1E2D shows Device Status of "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)".

Disabling and Enabling the USB Enhanced Host Controller device in Device Manager always solves the problem.

Windows 8.1

System SKU: B6B77AV
Computer: DV7T-7200

Processor: i7-3820QM

BIOS Version Insyde F.29, 10/3/2013

SMBIOS Version 2.7

Embedded Controller version 52.24

Honor Student
Jxl31
Message 108 of 108 (107 Views)

Hi,

Had the same problem just today and maybe found a solution for you as well. It appears that its the connector for the mic and cam that is the problem.

Here is the link to the youtube video which fixed my problem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKGz4lvYnhc.

Hope you solved it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation