Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

You know what it's probably both things that worked for me because my camera was not detected when I started using oovoo. Then I rolled back display adapter drivers, then found the settings in oovoo to fix the camera. 

HP Recommended

I appreciate your interest to help. But I don't think you quite understand the problem. If you go into system settings>hardware>device manager>imaging devices.....

There is nothing there. The camera disappears like it never existed on the machine. The only way to get it back is to do a full system restore back to factory. And even when you do that, it disappears after a few weeks again.

This is completely unacceptable. Microsoft is obviously throwing out a hotfix which isn't compatible with the camera driver. Each time the hotfix is applied through updates, the camera disappears.

HP Recommended

yes

i do have the same problem

and hp is doing nothing.............

my camera is not even detected and the only way to get it back is to run system recovery

this is not fair at all

HP Recommended

@Andrewdvquad wrote:

You know what it's probably both things that worked for me because my camera was not detected when I started using oovoo. Then I rolled back display adapter drivers, then found the settings in oovoo to fix the camera. 

Can you tell us if your's was even there before you installed the software? I've tried youcam and skype. Both with adjusting the settings like you. Neither detects any kind of imaging device.

As noted, the OS doesn't even detect the camera.

HP Recommended

when i close the lid and open it there is a sound

and an error that the usb device has been malfunctioned or windows doesnt recognise it

HP Recommended

I know it wasn't working or being detected by anything for sure sunday night. My computer was acting up a lot before this. Blue screens and being super hot. The other thing I can tell you is to not install windows updates because there was one in particular that kept crashing my computer. It was this one

Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Display, Other hardware - AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6620G

Installation date: ‎5/‎17/‎2012 12:31 AM

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 80070103

Update type: Optional

Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Display, Other hardware software update released in September, 2011

More information:
http://winqual.microsoft.com/support/?driverid=20448848

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=hub

Have you been updating through here on hp I went through a lot of trial and error updating drivers before my computer finally started working right. 

HP Recommended

Can this hotfix be removed?

HP Recommended

@Andrewdvquad wrote:

I know it wasn't working or being detected by anything for sure sunday night. My computer was acting up a lot before this. Blue screens and being super hot. The other thing I can tell you is to not install windows updates because there was one in particular that kept crashing my computer. It was this one

Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Display, Other hardware - AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6620G

Installation date: ‎5/‎17/‎2012 12:31 AM

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 80070103

Update type: Optional

Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Display, Other hardware software update released in September, 2011

More information:
http://winqual.microsoft.com/support/?driverid=20448848

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=hub

Have you been updating through here on hp I went through a lot of trial and error updating drivers before my computer finally started working right. 

I looked for this in installed updates. I don't see it.

HP Recommended

Here is the answer to fix your webcam when it disappears from device manager.

HP uses wiring connectors too short to connect the built in cam to the mother board. The reason it works out of the box, is because the machine hasn't ever been touched and no pressure has been applied to the chassis. Once pressure is applied, (ie. carrying, moving, storing, holding etc) the connector separates from the mother board.

Sorry folks. This is the only fix. Although this is an instruction how to remove and replace an LCD screen. All that is necessary to do is to follow up to the point of detatching the HD cam. As it's already detatched. Re-attach it and try using a piece o electrical tape to keep it in place.

http://www.insidemylaptop.com/remove-lcd-screen-inverter-board-hp-pavilion-dv7-notebook/comment-page...

HP Recommended

well i think its too difficult for me to take this risk 😛

its better to run recovery 😛

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.