Question
Pavilion dv6 hp true vision hd inbuilt webcam not working or even detected by any program !
Replies (107)

Honor Student
oyek64
Message 41 of 108 (3,833 Views)

Re: Pavilion dv6 hp true vision hd inbuilt webcam not working or even detected by any program !

Hi all, I'm new to this forums as I have just purchased a new HP Pavillion DV6-6137tx.  Unfortunately just like all of you, my webcam only worked for 5 mins and video just disappeared.  The indicator light lits up when I open YouCam or Skype video call, but there is no video at all.  HP support has gone through the whole process of uninstalling and reinstalling a whole heap of drivers with me yesterday but still no solution.  Hopefully someone here can help me out.

Student
k9secrets
Message 42 of 108 (3,822 Views)

Re: Pavilion dv6 hp true vision hd inbuilt webcam not working or even detected by any program !

Shah130 wrote:

well

i hope it will be solved as there are too many afftected people :smileytongue:

lets see what happens

and yes 

welocme to the fan club 

webcam fan club rocks :smileyvery-happy:

HAHA..  yeah, I didn't realize it was such a popular club until I had the problem last week.  I got it all fixed up now though with the white wire trick. Thanks to Baastian

Top Student
Brighteyes01
Message 43 of 108 (3,758 Views)

Hi. I did a system restore and still nothing. I was told to take it my local computer expert and they wil fix it under warranty!

Student
Message 44 of 108 (3,714 Views)

webcam not working
Honor Student
oluapzen
Message 45 of 108 (3,701 Views)

my cam was not working properly when I was using YM for videocall.

Honor Student
Henja29
Message 46 of 108 (3,687 Views)

Thank you, thank you, thank you. My webcam stopped working months ago, and I couldn't find any solutions at the time.  Your trick worked! Hopefully the connector stays in there now, and I won't get any more USB malfunction notifications either :smileyhappy:

Honor Student
Henja29
Message 47 of 108 (3,686 Views)

Anyone that is having problems, someone suggested further up to take the plastic off around the edge of the screen so you can access the webcam from inside.  There is a small connector plug by the webcam that might have come loose.  If you squeeze it back together your webcam might work again.  Fixed my problem!

Honor Student
oluapzen
Message 48 of 108 (3,678 Views)

until now my HP truevision HD was not working properly.

Student
roddmann820
Message 49 of 108 (3,636 Views)

[ Edited ]

{Personal Information Removed}

ref to cam not working, what did u do to fix it?

Honor Student
sido7
Message 50 of 108 (3,456 Views)

my webcam is not working is there a way that i can it fixed this is some serious problem with hp

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation