Question
Pavilion dv6 hp true vision hd inbuilt webcam not working or even detected by any program !
Replies (107)

Tutor
efialtis1971
Message 81 of 108 (738 Views)

Re: Pavilion dv6 hp true vision hd inbuilt webcam not working or even detected by any program !

7 posts over yours are the answer (the post with image).that i was doing in my HP Notebook and everything its ok.its very easy to fix it.
Honor Student
EshaMukherjee
Message 82 of 108 (734 Views)

Re: Pavilion dv6 hp true vision hd inbuilt webcam not working or even detected by any program !

I have A laptop, its an embedded webcam. Not able to figure out the solution in the post you referred.
HP Support Agent
Mrstenter
Message 83 of 108 (657 Views)

Hey EshaMukherjee,

I understand your web cam is not working correctly.

Repost from anthony82,

Go into device manager, uninstall the web cam and restart the computer.

This will uninstall the driver for the web cam.

Here is a link on how to get to device manager.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc725782.aspx

Also go to control panel and uninstall cyber link cam.

After the program is uninstalled, go to recovery manager and reinstall the program.

Here is a link that will walk you through the steps to reinstall programs.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c01868333

Hope this helps
Let me know how it goes.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Mrs.Tenter
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Wayner1
Message 84 of 108 (590 Views)

[ Edited ]

I just loaded Skype and when I go to video settings it tells me that the camera is not working or being used by another program.  I have updated cyberlink youcam to cyberliink youcam be and reinstalled the hp truevision in the device manager.  When I go to Skype or the cyberlink interface i am told something is using the camera.  No what?

I have a pavilion dv6 with a built in camera.

Thanks for any help with this.

W

HP Support Agent
Mrstenter
Message 85 of 108 (561 Views)

Hi Wayner1,

I understand your camera is not working on Skype. I was wondering if after you installed Skype did you restart the Computer.

I would  be happy to assist you with this but I will need your Current Operating System and Model of computer.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Mrs.Tenter
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
EshaMukherjee
Message 86 of 108 (553 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi, mine is same issue.

Model : 

HP Pavilion 15-e007TU Portable Laptop (3rd Generation Intel Dual Core i3 Mobile Processor-3110M- 4GB RAM- 500GB HDD- 15.6 Inch LED Display- Windows 8- Intel HD 4000 Graphics)

Please help!

HP Support Agent
Mrstenter
Message 87 of 108 (545 Views)

Hi EshaMukherjee,

Thank you so much for all the info about your Computer, it helps.

Here is a document on how to fix the issue.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03430151&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5389870&tmp...

Here is a document on Updating Windows 8 as that could be the issue as well.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03330139&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5389870&tmp...

Thanks

Mrs.Tenter
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Mariahceline
Message 88 of 108 (499 Views)

i have d same problem with you...i cannot used it for my skype video calling....its important...
Honor Student
Mariahceline
Message 89 of 108 (499 Views)

the same with theres no imaging devices listed on tha progam...

Honor Student
Wayner1
Message 90 of 108 (497 Views)

I have a Pavilion dv6 laptop with Windows 7.  I even tried another usb camera and got the same results.  I did restart the computer and still no luck. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Wayne

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation