Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@ Carpecibus,

Sorry for the late reply, but I have been away  for a few days.

But you aren’t being difficult having multiple options is a good thing.

Normally restoring the computer back to factory settings is a last ditch effort to correct the problem, but I understand your thinking regarding it didn't work from the very beginning.

Can you please provide the full model of the G4 that you have, if you are not sure where to locate the information have a look at this document for help.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended

hi redrose0528, 

no problem, i've been exceedingly busy myself.  

product key (the only thing labeled on the bottom): H7K47-HYDH4-X4B8Y-Y2YXB-M7FGM

thank you for your help,

carpecibus

HP Recommended

Carpecibus,

The product key isn’t what I need. The information is probably inside the compartment where the battery sits. You should see a sticker with product number on it or P/N.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended

hi redrose0528

theres a product: LF153UA#ABA

are there any of the other numbers you would need?

thanks

HP Recommended

@carpecibus,

Nope that is perfect, thank you.

I would like you to try to reinstall the original drivers from the built in recovery manager. This document will show you the process, when you open the document go down the section “Hardware driver reinstallation”. Once you get to the list of drivers see if you find one for the card reader, if that one is available select it and click next. The computer may restart itself, if it doesn’t restart it after the process.

Let me know if that makes any difference. 

HP Recommended

redrose0528, 

thank you VERY MUCH, it finally works!  : )

HP Recommended

@Carpecibus,

Great news, I am glad it worked out for you.

If you have any further questions don’t hesitate to ask.

Have a great day. 

HP Recommended
tank u sooooooo much i'd resolved the same problem with your suggest!
HP Recommended

I own a HP dv6-6b47DX Entertainment Laptop running Windows 7 X64

I noticed my SD Card Reader had stopped working this past weekend.  Nothing happens when I plug in a card.

According to Device Manager, all of my drivers, including the Realtek PCIE Card Reader were installed and working properly.

The only thing I noticed that was potentially "amiss," was a new/updated set of AMD USB 3.0 Drivers. I'm almost positive my USB ports are 2.X ONLY!  Despite this anomally, all of my 'other' USB devices seem to be working properly.  My Plug & Play service is running and other devices are detected when installed.

I've chased around the web looking for answers, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers for the PCIE Card Reader and the AMD Catalyst drivers, but the SD Card Reader is still dead.  If I don't find a solution to this soon, I'm going to buy a new laptop and restore this one using the factory software and sell it.  It's not worth reinstalling all of my software on a dated machine.

Tech Support Realtek PCI SD Card Reader AMD USB 3x.JPG

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.