Pavilion dv6000 constant reboot (5472 Views)
Honor Student
TimByr
Message 1 of 6 (5,472 Views)

Pavilion dv6000 constant reboot

My Pavilion dv6095ea will not boot. When I turn on the power, the unit powers on, doesn't display a BIOS message and then reboots itself. It will at random turn on, this could be immediately when I turn it on, or when I have left it rebooting itself for 4 hours.
When it does power on, it will freeze at some stage, but this again is random. It will completely hang. And stay that way until I pull the battery and power. Holding the power button won't work.

It sounds the exact same problem as this person was having Link.

Does anyone have any help for me with this?

Tutor
Terin
Message 2 of 6 (5,430 Views)

Re: Pavilion dv6000 constant reboot

Same problems as in the other thread about dv2000/dv6000/dv9000 video problems in this forum -- the board has the nVidia chipset which is faulty and can short out, get hot, or reboot, etc.  The only thing you can do is try to look through there and see if you can find any helpful links in the latest pages about where to go for help if you're out of warranty.  HP seems to be ignoring most of our complaints, even though there are 50+ pages.  My dv9500 went in and they swapped the parts, then sent it back and said the motherboard was bad and I had to pay for it...  when it originally caught on fire...

http://shardweb.net/images/ has before/after pictures...

Top Student
hpripyouoff
Message 3 of 6 (5,428 Views)

Yup. HP apparently have serious problems with this model (which they have admitted to in places) but good luck getting anything done. My advice is buy a Dell. That is what I am probably going to have to do. Have been trying to get my dv6000 series fixed for 15 months (it dies when it was all of about 2 mths old) and despite over 200 pages of complaints via email and who knows how many phone calls nothing has been done. HP will either ignore you or lie to you or, as they did with me, they will do both.

Good luck and if you find anyone in HP who will do something about it for heavens sake post their details in here because a lot of people are looking.

Remember there are only three sure things in life. Death, Taxes and HP sucking!

Student
cataxxx
Message 4 of 6 (4,855 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have a dv6408nr laptop and I have the same issue. The computer reboots every 20 seconds, and I can't even go into BIOS. the screen is always black/blank, and there doesn't seem to be any way to make any changes. Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

Thanks!

Message Edited by cataxxx on 07-06-2009 12:15 AM
Honor Student
TimByr
Message 5 of 6 (4,321 Views)

Hi could you link me to where you have read this?
Top Student
sarrah22
Message 6 of 6 (359 Views)

Try checking the BIOS drivers and other system drivers for updates. It sounds like a critical software conflict.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation