Question

Honor Student
freeman22acy
Message 1 of 4 (205 Views)

Pavilion m6-1035dx, Product #: B5S06AU#ABA hinge separated from base

[ Edited ]

I bought a Pavilion m6-1035dx from Best Buy in September of 2012.  From the very beginning, it had a "hitch" in the way it opened, but I thought it was just a small issue.  However, before the 1 year Service Agreement had ended, I had to take it in and get it fixed because it started sounding like it was coming apart and you had to hold onto the hinge when you opened it to keep it from getting worse.  

Fortunately, I didn't have to pay for the repair and I got it back "repaired", but it still had that quirky way it opened.  I should have pushed the issue with Best Buy to have it fixed "right", but I let it go because it was back to the way it was when I first got it.  Now, I'm out of the Service Agreement period and the hinge on the right side (left side seems fine) has actually separated and you can see the hinge outside of where it should be.  

Although my service agreement had ended, I took it to Best Buy hoping that it wouldn't be too expensive to fix.  But, the tech told me that the shipping was something like $35 and the labor (not including parts) would be $100-$150.  I have never, ever dropped or mishandled the laptop in all the time I have had it, and I even had it fixed once.  This is obviously a manufacturing/design error and now this laptop that probably has a good couple of years left in it may not be useful for much longer.

Surely there is a recall or some recourse for me...

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 4 (188 Views)

Re: Pavilion m6-1035dx, Product #: B5S06AU#ABA hinge separated from base

Sorry to hear of your problem-twice no less. I will try to get some help..no promises.:smileywink:

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Retired
eric-g
Message 3 of 4 (164 Views)

freeman22acy:

I have sent you a Private Message (PM) regarding this matter. To view your PM's, please refer to "How to check your messages."

Regards,

eric-g

I no longer work for HP.
Provost
CherylG
Message 4 of 4 (152 Views)

@eric-g 

Thanks for prompt attention!

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation