Question

Top Student
Sashko_K
Message 1 of 3 (625 Views)
Accepted Solution

Pavillion DV7-4069WM missing on PartSurfer for parts lookup

[ Edited ]

I'm looking into purchasing a Pavilion DV7-4069WM and I was looking at the type of RAM it uses. I used to work for HP, so I'm very familiar with HP PartSurfer (via http://partsurfer.hp.com ). I am however having issues locating this notebook on there to find related parts. I've tried searching both using the Search function as well as the Hierarchy and I've found the part number for the machine using the Hierarchy but no results when clicking on it.

I've also tried the Parts Store via http://h20141.www2.hp.com/hpparts/ where once again no results come up upon attempting to search the product (tried both by product name and by product number).

Does anyone know if there's a different way to find what parts are used for the machine in question? Thanks in advance.

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 3 (608 Views)

Re: Pavillion DV7-4069WM missing on PartSurfer for parts lookup

There are a couple of ways.

The simplest manner is to do a search for upgrade RAM.

The results that I trust are from companies like OCZ, Crucial, Kingston and other top tier companies because of their compatibility guarantee I found this upgrade memory for the notebook that you queried about.

Another way is to go to the notebook's support portal and use the manuals section to fid the Maintenence and service guide. The guide will even provide an HP part number for the proper memory module type.

Best regards,
erico

****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
Sashko_K
Message 3 of 3 (605 Views)

Re: Pavillion DV7-4069WM missing on PartSurfer for parts lookup

[ Edited ]

Amazing, thank you for the quick response. I'm definitely going to go for this laptop now :-)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation