Question

Honor Student
lcapak
Message 1 of 3 (262 Views)

Pavillion Dv6 2120sp will not power up

Hello,

My laptop dv6 2120sp was working fine until last week, I tried to turn it on and the lights would go on, I'd hear the fan but the screen would just go black - LED's were on but the CapsLock LED didn't respond. I've read some troubleshooting and tried the hard reset, pressing the power button for 15 seconds - and nothing.

Yesterday I thought of trying to power up the laptop, hoping for a miracle of somesort, but now pressing the power button just turns the computer (and the fan) for 1 second and immediately turning off again.

I've tried a brad new power adapter and the problem stays the same - computer will power up for close to 1 second, with or without battery, even with hard resets.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Luís Ferreira

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 2 of 3 (244 Views)

Re: Pavillion Dv6 2120sp will not power up

Hi Luis,

Take a look at this document, which  provides troubleshooting steps that hopefully, will resolve your issue.

Please let me know if it helps.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Honor Student
lcapak
Message 3 of 3 (241 Views)

Re: Pavillion Dv6 2120sp will not power up

Thanks for your answer.

I've gone through the troubleshooting you posted the first time this problem appeared. Then, there was only a black screen, computer powered up but no response, LED or beep codes.

Right now, after I've pressed the power button, it turns off almost immediately (close to one second). There is no beep or LED codes.

Do you have any idea what it could be?

Much appreciated,
Luís

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation