Pavillion Laptop Power Supply Connector (1073 Views)
RFS Student
Student
RFS
Message 1 of 1 (1,073 Views)

Pavillion Laptop Power Supply Connector

The HP provided power supply assemply, called an adaptor by HP, which came with the Pavillion DV 6500 laptop, has an oversize plug that will not fit into the port /receptical on the laptop. To make the connection, HP provied a 4 inch (10 cm) connector wire that has a receptical on one end of the wire that will fit the oversize plug from the adaptor and a small plug on the other end of the wire that fits into the Pavillion laptop. It was supplied with the computer when purchased new. That connector wire has failed and I need to replace it. HP in India insists that I must purchase the higher assembly to get the little 4 inch connector and pay about $60.00 injcluding shipping. They also say that to get just the small wire I must pay $75.00 including shipping. What really chaps me is the fact that the 4 inch connector cost HP about 25 cents to make it and would probably sell for $5.00 if priced fairly.

I would like to find a replacement connector at a fair price. Can anyone help me or advise where I can find one.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation