Question

Honor Student
nightrder1195
Message 1 of 4 (246 Views)

Pavillion dm4 Notebook Battery Question

I know that the stock dm4 battery does not have the correct ports to be compatible with a docking station, but I am wondering if I can buy an extended battery pack that will have the correct ports to make use of a docking station. I can't find anything that explicitly states whether or not a product like this exists.

Would it be better for me to give up my docking aspirations and just buy another charging cable? I really just need something I can travel with and something that can stay wired in my desk, but the extended USB and other ports of a docking station makes that route most desirable to me.

Thanks.
Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 4 (210 Views)

Re: Pavillion dm4 Notebook Battery Question

Hi,

I believe we use DOCKING STATION's to connect to the laptops thru many pins including pins for charging batteries.

Sorry I don't know what exactly you are looking for but if you wish to buy a second charger or even an external charger you can buy one on the market today. For travelling, we normally buy a smaller, lighter (lower wattage)  charger unit. You can also buy third party product such as one of these:

http://www.belkin.com/au/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=418433

http://www.amazon.com/Targus-PAPWR200U-Universal-Airplane-Notebook/dp/B0000AKA8T

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
nightrder1195
Message 3 of 4 (201 Views)

I'm just looking for the best solution to my problem of only having one charger that has to stay wired in my desk, thus leaving me without a travel charger.

I know the easiest solution is just to buy another charger, but the most ideal solution would be a docking station that I can leave at my desk.

My laptop (HP Pavillion dm4) doesnt have a battery that supports docking, hence my original question: does HP sell an extended battery pack that does support docking?
Provost
banhien
Message 4 of 4 (192 Views)

Hi,

As mentioned above, you need a machine which has connectotr to a docking station NOT the battery. I use docking stations at work at at home as you can see here the docking station connectors do NOT sit on the batteries, they are on the machines.

P1060741.JPG

You may need to buy a business laptop which has docking station connector such as Probook series as mentioned in this link. Your requirement is very simple: you need something you can carry and TWO charger units should do the task. If you wish more ports to work at home, you can buy "HP USB docking station" or just USB hub.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation