Pavillion dv6 won't start after screen replacement (108 Views)
Tutor
TheMolesRevenge
Message 11 of 23 (86 Views)

Re: Pavillion dv6 won't start after screen replacement

Yes the screen was from ebay, located using the HP part number.

PhD Student
DerekQ
Message 12 of 23 (83 Views)

Contat the seller for instructions and tell them about your issue , eBay has customer gurantee for defective product replace. If you still need help reply.

Sorry because of different timezone I might not be able to help/reply you right away.IF that happens I deeply apologize!
**Click the White thumb if you like the answer.**
**Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem and only solves your problem, if you have any more questions please ask, this also helps others to solve related issues.**
Feel yourself like home here, we are all happy to help, if you have an question reply or start a topic or pm me or an expert.
Tutor
TheMolesRevenge
Message 13 of 23 (75 Views)

I'll drop the seller a line on Monday.

In the mean time, am I correct that system board 659151-001, screen 653378-001 are compatable with eachother? Also, in case I've damaged the cable, what part number would I need for a replacement cable?

PhD Student
DerekQ
Message 14 of 23 (73 Views)

Cable are all compatible but I am not recommanding compatible screens. They are very harmful to computers.

Anyways, did you try contacting hp and ordering from hp?

Sorry because of different timezone I might not be able to help/reply you right away.IF that happens I deeply apologize!
**Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem and only solves your problem, if you have any more questions please ask, this also helps others to solve related issues.**
Feel yourself like home here, we are all happy to help, if you have an question reply or start a topic or pm me or an expert.
Tutor
TheMolesRevenge
Message 15 of 23 (68 Views)

HP Parts Store says "Parts not orderable"

PhD Student
DerekQ
Message 16 of 23 (65 Views)

[ Edited ]

That stinks, sorry for the trouble let me contact hp customer service.

Gotta wait I forgot today is weekend.

Tutor
TheMolesRevenge
Message 17 of 23 (26 Views)

I have confirmed that the new screen is fully functional - it works fine connected to another laptop.

On further testing, the only circumstance under which I can get any response from the laptop is to start it up with no RAM, in which case it gives me the blink-code for Ram fault.

Does this lack of response indicate a CPU fault, a motherboard fault, or should I just give up?

PhD Student
DerekQ
Message 18 of 23 (24 Views)

I really can`t anything at this moment, try resetting the memory. Did you do that

Professor
visruth
Message 19 of 23 (21 Views)

Hi

Manual:
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02842252.pdf

Product specs:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02910578&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&cc=uk&dlc=en...

The part number of display panel you bought is that of Full HD Anti glare.
The one required is HD Bright view with part number 640445-001.
Please refer product specs & Page 34 of User manual.

The display panel cable kit suitable for your laptop had part number 644362-001.

Hope this resolves the concern,
thanks,
****Please Click ACCEPT AS SOLUTION to help others with the same problem****

****Click the WHITE THUMB / GIVE KUDOS to say thanks****
PhD Student
DerekQ
Message 20 of 23 (18 Views)

Thanks for coming! I will be off now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation