Question

Student
braveboat
Message 1 of 3 (9,116 Views)

Power Button Board Replacement - CQ50

I broke the power button board in my CQ50-215nr while replacing the keyboard: I severed the ribbon from the board, with the metal tynes still attached to the board (manufactured by Warrior.).  I cannot find a replacement power button board for my model, but was offered a board from a CQ50-101LA, and am told it is compatible.  They do not look the same (in pictures).  Are they compatible?

Also, would the broken ribbon on the power button board be repairable, and by whom?

Regents Professor
Kalt
Message 2 of 3 (9,115 Views)

Re: Power Button Board Replacement - CQ50

braveboat wrote:

I broke the power button board in my CQ50-215nr while replacing the keyboard: I severed the ribbon from the board, with the metal tynes still attached to the board (manufactured by Warrior.).  I cannot find a replacement power button board for my model, but was offered a board from a CQ50-101LA, and am told it is compatible.  They do not look the same (in pictures).  Are they compatible?

Also, would the broken ribbon on the power button board be repairable, and by whom?

HP PN:  486627-001 (Power on/off button board W/ interconnect cable) from the HP Parts Store.
Student
loribelle
Message 3 of 3 (4,790 Views)

Re: Power Button Board Replacement - CQ50

I have a broken power button (I guess the plastic button only) Not sure how my daughter accomplished this. I can not figure out how to find what I can order to replace just the button. Computer works fine, button cover falls off. Any ideas?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation