Question

Honor Student
Doubled25377
Message 1 of 4 (62 Views)

Power Button flashed white then turned off

I have a hp g60 100-em laptop that I have had for nearly 6 years and this morning, the power button flashed white then then turned the laptop off! Now when I plug it in, there is no power going to the AC adapter! And it will not turn on even though there is full charge on the battery, please help!
Regents Professor
visruth
Message 2 of 4 (50 Views)

Re: Power Button flashed white then turned off

Doubled25377 wrote:
I have a hp g60 100-em laptop that I have had for nearly 6 years and this morning, the power button flashed white then then turned the laptop off! Now when I plug it in, there is no power going to the AC adapter! And it will not turn on even though there is full charge on the battery, please help!

Hi

6 years is a decent life for a laptop & I assume its a very good laptop you have, otherwise it may not come through all these years,

Ok, I'll try helping you here to revive him,

I assume your laptop came with Windows Vista

What happens when you remove the battery & connect it directly to AC adapter, is it powering on?

Whats the age of battery - 6 years? - may be its  stopped working. Try another compatible battery if you've one, if it works a replacement of battery is warranted.

Try doing a hard reset first

Is it coming back?

Still nothing is coming - then,

Troubleshoot by following the HP documents given below promptly:

HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does not Start (Windows 7, Vista, XP)

If you're able to boot after doing hard reset, troubleshoot by following this:

HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boo...

If nothing is coming after all these, & you want it back you may give a visit to local technician to sort out the issue,

Or Contact HP.

Thanks,

+++ Click Kudos / White thumb to say thanks
+++ Click Accept as Solution if this solves your issue
Honor Student
Doubled25377
Message 3 of 4 (47 Views)

Yeah my laptop came with vista. And it does not even turn on when I try to, even tho there is charge in the battery??? I do not have a replacement battery pack, nor do I wish to fork out for one unnecessarily.
Regents Professor
visruth
Message 4 of 4 (45 Views)

Doubled25377 wrote:
Yeah my laptop came with vista. And it does not even turn on when I try to, even tho there is charge in the battery??? I do not have a replacement battery pack, nor do I wish to fork out for one unnecessarily.

Try doing the other steps mentioned to troubleshoot then,

If nothing works, may be you have to get in touch with technician or Contact HP.

+++ Click Kudos / White thumb to say thanks
+++ Click Accept as Solution if this solves your issue
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation