Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Power LED Blinking Orange/White.

i am using a compaq cg56-102tu laptop. i wont turn on and nothing happens when i press the power button and theres a blinking orange and white light at the power indicator LED when the battery or ac adapter is connected..

courtesy of vaiost

it is like that when i plug the laptop on an outlet with or without the battery..it is the same when i only use the battery but it starts blinking when i connect the battery even without pressing any button..Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @NoGameNoLife,

I have read your post on how your notebook computer is not able to power on, and I would be happy to assist you in this matter!

Since there is a blinking orange light where the AC adapter plugs into your computer, I recommend following this document on Computer does not start and the LEDs blink or the computer beeps, as well as Using and Testing the AC Power Adapter. This should help to restore the power to your notebook.

If the issue persists, please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

I hope this helps!

Regards Smiley Happy

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Thanks for the help..

Got it working by removing the battery, ac adapter and leaving it over night then holding the power button.
HP Recommended

Hello again NoGameNoLife,

That is fantastic news!

If this answer has solved your problem, can you please mark it as an accepted solution? This will help others with the same issue to find the answer they are looking for.

Have a great rest of your day! 🙂

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.