Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook

A free and DIY solution.   The power cord never stayed plugged in.  It fell out with the slightest movement of either laptop or cord.  Worthless because I could never rely on the laptop being either charged or charging.  In warranty HP replaced the jack but that had little effect and made no great improvement.  Finally I found that squeezing the shaft of the power plug itself fixed the problem.  Apparently the plugs are made of inferior quality and guage of metal. I used the cutting blades of ordinary pliers to do it.  But be careful.  The mtal is so thin, think 4 layers of aluminum foil, that it is easy to crimp too much.  Start out with slight pressure and test it until it firmly seats in the laptop jack.  When that happens it will probably be the first time it has ever seated properly.  Because of the inferior quality of the parts used  I have to do it about once a month now.  But that is much better than buying replacement power cords from HP.  Particularly since they will send you the same type and quality of cord.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

nice one dude, i was using a small piece of card before. Your fix is MUCH better.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.