Question

Student
Matt_HPForum
Message 1 of 2 (551 Views)

Presario CQ61 - Harddisk Fail 1 year 1 month (303 error / now wont boot) - HPLack of support

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can give me some information or stories that they may have had similar problems with HP. My harddisk on the laptop failed last week which is just 1 month outside of warrenty. I know it shouldnt fail outside a year unless it was used for heavy processing but my personal laptop is just web browsing and email. 

After speaking to HP they said I would inoccur a cost which would be £141 for a new disk! (just under half the cost of the laptop) and to contact PC World for a quote on data recovery!

When put through to the complaints it took ages for an answer and he said theres nothing he will do. I asked about the process to esculate this and he said contact Mike Wilson (MD for UK) or write in. But he also said writing in would go back to him (Simon in complaints) and would not be progressed. 

In the past I've used HP Business support (3yr warrenty) which has always been really good i.e. engineer out the next day and replaces the parts / no problems on the phone. But as a home user it seems really shocking and it was my previous experience that made me get a HP. 

Thanks,

Matt

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 2 of 2 (511 Views)

Re: Presario CQ61 - Harddisk Fail 1 year 1 month (303 error / now wont boot) - HPLack of support

I feel your pain, this is a user to user forum.

If it is out of warranty that is the line in the sand, you can replace the hard drive yourself and save a few pounds.

Do you have the HP recovery discs?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation