Question

Honor Student
cwmcwm
Message 1 of 9 (202 Views)

Presario V6000 Wireless Issues

Recently the wireless adaptor for my Presario V6310CA has stopped working. I read on a multitude of pc support forums that this is a common issue with the motherboard for these particular models. I also read that Compaq is repairing this issue for free since it is a highly common defect with these makes.

My warranty has already expired and i am wondering if i am eligible for a replacement motherboard.

Professor
Pankay
Message 2 of 9 (179 Views)

Re: Presario V6000 Wireless Issues

No!! that recall is already expired long ago so you are not eligible for free repair..
||-Although I am working on behalf of HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.-||
//Click on Kudos if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

||-If my answer solved the problem please mark the topic as the accepted solution-||
Honor Student
cwmcwm
Message 3 of 9 (173 Views)

Well since i purchased the model that was recalled would they not attempt to contact me in regards to the product recall? I received no notification about the faulty motherboard and perhaps if i were notified when the recall took place i may have been able to have it fixed under warranty and avoided this whole situation...

Provost
Huffer
Message 4 of 9 (167 Views)

Yes well it was not really a recall but a "warranty enhancement" which meant they would not contact you but if you contacted them they would provide the benefit. There was also a class action against nVidia that may have involved your model but it, too is now closed. The laptop is 4 or maybe 5 years old. You could get it repaired for about $100 or even a bit less and the repair techniques are getting better. It also might not really be the video card/motherboard but some simpler problem. But the bottom line is whatever you do with it at this point is going to be from your pocket, not HP's. Don't shoot the messenger, I am just saying.

Professor
Pankay
Message 5 of 9 (162 Views)

Yup.. Huffer is right...

using a USB wireless adapter would be cheaper idea... if you want to...
||-Although I am working on behalf of HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.-||

||-If my answer solved the problem please mark the topic as the accepted solution-||
Honor Student
cwmcwm
Message 6 of 9 (157 Views)

Well since this laptop is hardly worth the amount of money that would be spent fixing the motherboard i might as well just buy a $20 usb wireless network adapter. What a rubbish laptop... I guess you get what you pay for though.

Professor
Pankay
Message 7 of 9 (154 Views)

Yup.. you can say so after using it for 5-6 years

Provost
Huffer
Message 8 of 9 (151 Views)

Yes I am not sure how long people think a laptop should last but 5 years is like 80 years in dog (laptop) years. You have gotten your money's worth.

Professor
Pankay
Message 9 of 9 (145 Views)

You are right Huffer...

suppose if things dont go bad then nobody will buy new one n companies will not manufacture new one..

and so on.......

and millions of million people will remain jobless..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation