Presario numeric keypad not working (214 Views)
Top Student
geoff45a
Message 1 of 2 (214 Views)
Accepted Solution

Presario numeric keypad not working

I've had a Presario CQ61-422 for about 18 months but never bothered with the numeric keypad before. Recently my daughter came round and borrowed the machine and she is used to entering numbers via the pad. Pressing the NumLock key gives a high pitch beep and turns the indicator light on but has no effect on the keypad - each one still acts in the navigation mode. Pressing NumLock again switches light off with low pitch beep but no difference to key functions.

I've updated the BIOS from F.20 (when purchased) to F.23 to no effect. I'm satisfied there is no physical malfunction to the keys but can't understand why they won't toggle between navigation and numeric entry. I've not played with any other system settings since purchase just used it out of the box as setup by HP. Anyone had a similar experience?

OS is Win7 home premium 64

Top Student
geoff45a
Message 2 of 2 (162 Views)

Re: Presario numeric keypad not working

At last fixed the problem. I found out that Mouse Keys had been set on allowing direction arrow keys to move mouse pointer. Switched this feature off and Num Lock keys all now do what they should.

Case closed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation