Question

Student
jangaangan
Message 1 of 5 (5,122 Views)

Primary Battery Test =Failed

HP Pavillion DV4

Windows 7 64 bit

HP Battery Alert

The system has detected the storage capacity of the battery stated below to be very low.

For optimal performance, this battery may need to be replaced.

Primary (internal) Battery (601)

ENTER - Continue Startup

For more information, please visit: www.hp.com\go\techcenter\startup

Provost
Huffer
Message 2 of 5 (5,094 Views)

Re: Primary Battery Test =Failed

I would say you need a new battery....is there some other question implicit here?

Student
Microbiology_25
Message 3 of 5 (4,967 Views)

I have the same error message. I think the question needed here is what internal battery do I need to buy? I have heard it is similar to a watch battery in size and shape. I want to buy the new internal battery and install it myself (have someone I know who is computer intelligent install it for me) . Do I have to get it through a big name brand like HP? Is there an alternative?

I would rather not spend the money/time to send off my laptop and have it replaced. Not to mention that last time I sent off my laptop they erased everything "accidentally"

Thanks for any help you can give me,

Master's Graduate
Matt_Lo
Message 4 of 5 (4,964 Views)

Microbiology_25 wrote:

I have the same error message. I think the question needed here is what internal battery do I need to buy? I have heard it is similar to a watch battery in size and shape. I want to buy the new internal battery and install it myself (have someone I know who is computer intelligent install it for me) . Do I have to get it through a big name brand like HP? Is there an alternative?

I would rather not spend the money/time to send off my laptop and have it replaced. Not to mention that last time I sent off my laptop they erased everything "accidentally"

Thanks for any help you can give me,

What you're describing is the CMOS battery located on the motherboard.  The error code that the original poster described is the Primary battery latched on the top end of the notebook.   To find out the correct battery you need, you can use the HP Battery Finder

And while you don't have to buy from HP, you have the option to here: http://shopping2.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Accessories/Laptop%20Batteries

"I'm looking for a laptop that looks like it's wrapped in super-rich, smoothed out tangerine peels." -TheMusicMaker
Student
ltkach
Message 5 of 5 (2,290 Views)

I've had my HP Pavilion g6 for less than two years, (It'll be two years old in November) and I had a failed battery test. I looked up the reccommended battery to replace it and it's approximately $120. That's quite expensive considering I haven't had my laptop that long, so I guess my question is what are the causes of soemthing like this? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation