ProBook 4520s - Showing "Unknown Device" in Device Manager (17283 Views)
Top Student
flashback
Message 1 of 3 (17,283 Views)
Accepted Solution

ProBook 4520s - Showing "Unknown Device" in Device Manager

[ Edited ]

Hi everybody,

It is 2 days that I have bought new Probook 4520s HP. It came with Suse as others I have installed clean copy of Seven. Downloaded all drivers from HP, but one device driver is show as "Unknown" in the Device Manager. I want to know what device is it, if someone can help me, please do it. This device's Hardware ID's is following:

ACPI\HPQ0004
*HPQ0004

Also I want to know 2 things: 1) exact device drivers of my HP because when I enter to HP's site for example for Wifi driver there are shown 4 different drivers. 2) exact product model of notebook, while searching string of "ProBook 4520s" in HP site it shows 3 searching results. Please make them clear for me.

Notebooks Serial is: 2CE0181CL

Product: WD848EA#ACB

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 3 (17,236 Views)

Re: ProBook 4520s "Unknown Device"

Hi, 

flashback wrote:

Hi everybody,

It is 2 days that I have bought new Probook 4520s HP. It came with Suse as others I have installed clean copy of Seven. Downloaded all drivers from HP, but one device driver is show as "Unknown" in the Device Manager. I want to know what device is it, if someone can help me, please do it. This device's Hardware ID's is following:

ACPI\HPQ0004
*HPQ0004

Also I want to know 2 things: 1) exact device drivers of my HP because when I enter to HP's site for example for Wifi driver there are shown 4 different drivers. 2) exact product model of notebook, while searching string of "ProBook 4520s" in HP site it shows 3 searching results. Please make them clear for me.

Notebooks Serial is: 2CE0181CL

Product: WD848EA#ACB

What you need is the ACPI ( advanced configuration protocol interface) driver for the installed CPU. You can get that at the processor manufacturers support website. Intel's download center is here. 

Best regards,

erico

****If my suggestion was helpful, you can say thanks by clicking on the purple thumbs up icon in the lower left corner of a post ***

****Please click on the Accept As Solution button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having****
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Master's Graduate
SedonaF
Message 3 of 3 (11,552 Views)

Re: ProBook 4520s - Showing "Unknown Device" (code 28) in Device Manager

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation