Question

Honor Student
trulex
Message 1 of 2 (92 Views)

ProBook 4720s black screen

[ Edited ]

I had my laptop connected to external monitor via VGA, when I ran out of power and laptop shut down. After turning it on again, only my external monitor was displaying image, while the laptop's screen is completely black (not lit). When I booted to my Linux system, it recognized only my external monitor in the display settings, while Windows greeted me with a BSOD (not occurring in safe mode). I was booted into Arch Linux 64b with KDE when the laptop shut down. Could it be a software issue or a hardware problem? Please help, thanks.IMG_20140820_094110.jpghp.png

HP Support Agent
Futoji
Message 2 of 2 (60 Views)

Re: ProBook 4720s black screen

Hello @trulex,

To get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since the HP ProBook 4720s Notebook PC is a commercial product. You can do this at Notebook - HP ProBook, EliteBook, Compaq, Slate/Tablet PC, Armada, LTE.

The support page for your product may be helpful in the meantime:
HP ProBook 4720s Notebook PC.

I hope this helps!
Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!

Futoji
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation