Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion notebook 15 p212ns
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, 

Broadcom speed wifi connector drops at speeds where it is impossible to navigate.

It looks like a driver issue because Windows 8 had no problem. 

The version I have installed the driver is: 7.35.275.2 (07/02/2015)  Is there a version of the driver to correct this problem? 

Thank you....

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi ,

Welcome to the HP Forums!:smileyhappy:

It is a terrific place to find answers and tips!

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide.

Learn How to Post and More

I understand you are looking for a driver update for  BCM43142 and Windows 10.  When I checked the software and driver page for the  Notebook - 15-p212ns, Windows 10 is a supported operating system.  I did notice there is a update for a Realtek network card but not a Broadcom.

When I checked the HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide I do not see a Broadcom card listed as a recommended card therefore HP would not be updating drivers for it.  Please note chapter 3, page 23, item 5 for the list of supported wireless cards for your notebook.

You will need to get any driver updates from Windows or the manufacturer's site.

Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers

You can try running the following to look for any missed updates.

Here is a link to Open the Windows Update troubleshooter that may help find additional drivers.   Although it lists Windows 7 it does work in Windows 10.

Once launched, it should show a screen like this.

windows updater.png

Use the second option "Background Intelligent Transfer Service", it should lead to a force update of 'Windows Updates' that may not be automatically being applied, that could fix some of these issues.

If you have not been able to locate an updated driver,you could try installing the driver in compatibility mode. Here is a link from the windows10forum to assist with that process should you like to try it.

Windows 10 Compatibility Mode

To say thanks for responding please click the thumbs up button below.

If you feel this has answered your question please choose solution provided to help others who may have the same difficulty.

Good Luck and have a wonderful weekend!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

I got the same problem on my HP 15-ac009TX with BCM43142 after Windows 10 upgrade. Seems like the wifi speed is always capped around 15Mbps while I got 50++ Mbps on my phones and tablets connecting to the same router.  Driver is the same July version as mentioned, can't find any latest update.

Something wrong with the Broadcom BCM43142 on Windows 10? I read online people got issues with this wifi adaptor? Can HP do something about it since you are using this chip and Windows 10 is fanning out to the rest out there! 

HP Recommended

Hi @Ddeath

Welcome to the HP Forums!:smileyhappy:

It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! 

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide:

Learn How to Post and More.

I grasp that since upgrading to Windows 10  your Wi-Fi speed has decreased.

Have you done all your Windows updates?

Have you ran the  HP Support Assistant  to aid with acquiring HP updates?  There is a Broadcom  wireless driver listed on the  HP Notebook- 15-ac009tx Software and Driver Page for Windows 10.

Here is a link to  HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10) that should help.

Please let me know the outcome.

Thank you  for participating in the HP Forums! We want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as yourself. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as   "Accept as Solution"   to help other community  members!

To show appreciation for my efforts please click the   Thumbs Up icon   below.  

Best of Luck! 

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Coming back after a few weeks... hoping for something but still nothing. 

To update, the driver that was listed on the so-called latest Windows 10 driver is still the same one being used on Windows 8 that was dated 2 Jul 2015, version 735.275.2. To entertain everyone, I went and install this same driver, and of course the same problem is still there because nothing has changed.

Looks like HP and Broadcom has no solution for this, since everyone that bought your notebooks that has this installed wifi adaptor apparently has the same problem. :indifferent:

HP Recommended

Hi @Ddeath,

Thank you for your response.

I understand that you have tried updating the wireless driver to version 735.275.2,  but the difficulties remain.

Here is the link to HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-p212ns Software and Drivers.  Please note the version has not changed, but the revision may have.  This was last revised on Dec. 25,2015.   Please let me know if  this helped.

If the issue remains. please contact HP support for assistance. With your permission, they can remotely connect to your system to help alleviate issues.

Please contact HP support at Contact HP Support.

Thank you  for participating in the HP Forums! We want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as yourself. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as   "Accept as Solution"   to help other community  members!

To show appreciation for my efforts, please click the   Thumbs Up icon   below.  

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

hi, i have the same issue here... after upgrading with windows 10, wifi doesnt turn on anymore, i did the driver update, tried to uninstall, and reinstall the driver, tried to download the driver from HP, but nothing happened.. the problem still remains..  wifi cant turn on at all.. 

adapter : Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi M.2 Adapter

Unit : HP Notebook - 15-ac022ne

HP Recommended

Try the version 7.35.336.0 of Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi M.2 Adapter driver. I was also facing the same proble in my HP Pavilion Notebook (Windows 10 Home 64-bit ). I've downloaded that version from link below and manually updated Broadcom Network Adapter driver of my notebook. After updating the driver my wi-fi network is much beter now.

http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/NETWORK-CARD/Broadcom/Broadcom-BCM43142-Wi-Fi-M2-Adapter-Wireless-D...

HP Recommended

@Ddeath 

i had the same problem as you (althoug another model) but i have the same network chip. I use an external wifi adapter from TP-link and now i have the maximum speed. It is also very usefull in public spaces so you can find far more connections and you will have higher speeds.

It is a little investment but it is totally worth it! 🙂

I hope this is somewhat helpfull to you.

link to wifi adapter:

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Wireless-Adapter-Archer-T4U/dp/B00JBJ6VG8 

HP Recommended
I continue with the same problems. The wifi speed is lower than a todos link adaptar.

I Will never buy an HP laptop because they haven't solved muy problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.