Question
Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (198 Views)

Problems with HP's customer service (Repairs)

Hi

I got a new Pavillion 15-E046SA just over a month ago and, unlike either of my previous laptops (not made my HP) it decided to give me trouble. A few of the keys aren't working. So- after a 30 minute phonecall that is not free, dealing with someone who I have to wait for to download a user manual, only to be told that he'll have me take the keyboard out and put it back in, when half way through he realises its not a customer service part....

So after a collection gets arranged I get a text to say my laptop has been sent back to me with an Exception: 'Customer Induced Damage issue detected in repair line. Unit cannot be repaired in warranty and is send back to customer unrepaired'

I have hardly used the laptop and have been extremely careful with it - so it is definately not my fault!

How can I solve this issue without spending more money. I'll not be recommending HP to anyone thats for sure.

Sorry about the rant.

HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 3 (167 Views)

Re: Problems with HP's customer service (Repairs)

Hi ConnorH, welcome to the HP Forums. This is not a means to contact HP directly, but a peer to peer community. If you would like to contact HP Directly, I recommend you use this link to obtain the contact info for the means you wish to contact:  Contact HP | HP® Official Site

If it is a physical issue, these troubleshooting steps would not resolve the issue: Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows 8). The options would be to replace the keyboard at your own cost, or purchase an external keyboard.

Starting Page 21 has a list of part number for Keyboards. Just match the part number that is required for your keyboard.
Page 57-59 has the keyboard removal process:  Maintenance And Service Guide

If you wanted to order a replacement keyboard for the notebook, you can do so here: HP PartSurfer.

I hope this helps.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (151 Views)

Re: Problems with HP's customer service (Repairs)

I doubt contacting HP will help. Awful company

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation