Question

Honor Student
ConnorH
Message 1 of 3 (144 Views)

Problems with HP's customer service (Repairs)

Hi

I got a new Pavillion 15-E046SA just over a month ago and, unlike either of my previous laptops (not made my HP) it decided to give me trouble. A few of the keys aren't working. So- after a 30 minute phonecall that is not free, dealing with someone who I have to wait for to download a user manual, only to be told that he'll have me take the keyboard out and put it back in, when half way through he realises its not a customer service part....

So after a collection gets arranged I get a text to say my laptop has been sent back to me with an Exception: 'Customer Induced Damage issue detected in repair line. Unit cannot be repaired in warranty and is send back to customer unrepaired'

I have hardly used the laptop and have been extremely careful with it - so it is definately not my fault!

How can I solve this issue without spending more money. I'll not be recommending HP to anyone thats for sure.

Sorry about the rant.

HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 2 of 3 (113 Views)

Re: Problems with HP's customer service (Repairs)

Hi ConnorH, welcome to the HP Forums. This is not a means to contact HP directly, but a peer to peer community. If you would like to contact HP Directly, I recommend you use this link to obtain the contact info for the means you wish to contact:  Contact HP | HP® Official Site

If it is a physical issue, these troubleshooting steps would not resolve the issue: Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows 8). The options would be to replace the keyboard at your own cost, or purchase an external keyboard.

Starting Page 21 has a list of part number for Keyboards. Just match the part number that is required for your keyboard.
Page 57-59 has the keyboard removal process:  Maintenance And Service Guide

If you wanted to order a replacement keyboard for the notebook, you can do so here: HP PartSurfer.

I hope this helps.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
ConnorH
Message 3 of 3 (97 Views)

Re: Problems with HP's customer service (Repairs)

I doubt contacting HP will help. Awful company

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation