Question

Student
Kaloyan777
Message 1 of 1 (213 Views)

Problems with RAM ..msconfig.

HP Compaq CQ58, Intel 2X1.8, 4GB RAM (1 of 2 slots used), Windows 8 Single Language.

I've shared memory from the hard drive in System-Advandced System Settings-Advanced-Settings-Advanced-Programs-Set...

Physical memory is 4GB on 1 slot, I've set 6000 (4x1,5), so it shows 9,7 commited. But when I go to msconfig and check the two blank fields for Number of processors and Maximum Memory, after restart in Task Manager shows instead of 3,9 - 2,6!

here r some scr-shots, I have named the pics acording to what they show, u know u can just move the cursor on and wait a moment for the name(explanation) to show.

Please help, Thank You!

Before change.png

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

After Restart msconfig shows 0 on Max Memory.jpg

Task Manager after restart shows less RAM both physical and commited.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation