Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Ok thanks. I am trying out right now. Btw, can you tell me whether my HP Probook 450 G1 supports USB 3.0, if it does, how can I tell? Is there any driver for that?

Redwan

HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes it does.  Look at the users guide document from the 450 G1's support and driver page and it should indicate which ports are USB 3.0.  You can visually tell by looking inside the port.

USB 3 ports have a blue plastic tab inside and USB 2 ports have a black plastic tab inside.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Great news. Its solved. All my problems seem to have resolved through your advises. Thanks many. Really glad to find you in support forum. 

Take care

Redwan

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Redwan.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Enjoy your new business notebook.

Best Regards,

Paul

HP Recommended

Hi everyone!

I'm facing the same issue with the WiFi and bluetooth.

I have clicked the Mediatek link, but upon clicking the desired driver, I kept on receiving this message:

MTerror.JPG

How would I be able to download the drivers?

Anyway, I have HP Probook 440 G1 running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

Thanks,

Ish

HP Recommended

Hi:

Please post the hardware ID's like I asked the OP to do.

Your notebook may not have the Mediatek wireless card.

HP puts several different model cards in their notebooks based on the product number.

While there is only one 440G1 model, there are several different product numbers denoting different hardware such as the size hard drive, the type of graphics adapter, the wireless card with or without bluetooth, the processor, etc.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul!

Sorry, I should have created a new thread regarding this issue.

However, I would like to inform you what the laptop's issue is all about, hoping that you could help me.

As I've said earlier, I have this HP Probook 440 G1 running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

The laptop is owned by a client. For the first day of troubleshooting, I press the Wi-Fi button (physical), it doesn't change its light from orange to white, which indicates the Wi-Fi is on. And everytime I press that Wi-Fi button, the laptop hangs up and I'm forced to force-restart it.

I have decided to install latest Wi-Fi and bluetooth drivers from your site, but it still doesn't work. I've asked assistance of a HP chat support, he remote access the laptop and installed drivers. He told me to reboot it, but it still doesn't work.

This morning, I have checked the laptop again, press the Wi-Fi button, and suddenly it changes its light from orange to white. However, when I try to search for wireless connections, it doesn't detect any, which is impossible because there's a Wi-Fi connection in our office. I also try sending files to the laptop through bluetooth. The other device have found the laptop's bluetooth connection, but the laptop itself failed to connect because it can't find any drivers for the other device. Below, is the screen capture when I tried to install drivers by "Automatically Search drivers":

error.jpg

And here are the ID's:

Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network):  BTH\MS_BTHPAN

Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI):  BTH\MS_RFCOMM

Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter:  {5d624f94-8850-40c3-a3fa-a4fd2080baf3}\vwifimp

Thanks,

Clarise

HP Recommended

Hi, Clarise:

I see from your screen shot that your notebook has the Intel 3160 wireless card and it appears that the driver is successfully installed.

Unfortunately, I can't help you with that problem, as I do not know anything about troubleshooting wireless connections when the driver is installed.

The only suggestion I could offer there would be to try the latest wireless driver for that card directly from Intel and see if anything changes.  You want the second driver on the list for W7 64 bit.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=24217

I'm thinking the bluetooth isn't working because I don't see an Intel bluetooth device listed (only generic devices).

So, see if installing the latest bluetooth driver for the Intel 3160 gets the bluetooth to work.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=24462&lang=eng&ProdId=3776

Best Regards,

Paul

HP Recommended

I can connect  my hp pavilion g6 but my hp probook 450 go cant connect from same distance from the wifi router.

Currently I m using windows 8 (64 bit) on probook . I m using also ralink wireless lan  driver version 5 on my laptop

HP Recommended

Hey there, was having the same issue on my notebook.

See this thread: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Beware-HP-Probook-450-G1/m-p/54...

Btw, Ralink = Mediatek (Mediatek bought Ralink a while ago)

Cheers

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.