Question

Top Student
jdhenshall
Message 1 of 3 (948 Views)

QuickPlay (LED Board) lights will not turn off.

On my computer, I had to replace the motherboard due to a GPU failure. Everything works greats EXCEPT that the blue LED lights that illuminate the QP buttons and volume controls do not turn off unless I remove the battery. When i replace the battery, the lights illuminate even though the computer is off.

I've replaced the LED board itself, the power button board ribbon, and the LED board ribbon, and it still won't stay off. The buttons are functional, and the mute button changes color like it should, but it doens't turn off, and it actually does seem to slowly drain my battery when my computer is hibernating or shut down. I'm not sure if it's firmware, or some other hardware problem. any ideas?

Message 2 of 3 (646 Views)

Re: QuickPlay (LED Board) lights will not turn off.

I also have this problem and, judging by the 300-odd viewings, other people find this pertinent, yet there appears to be no solution.

Top Student
johnpaulh
Message 3 of 3 (421 Views)

Re: QuickPlay (LED Board) lights will not turn off.

I've posted this issue as well.  Seems HP doesn't have an answer?

I replaced a keyboard in one DV6000, and touchpad in a second, both have the same issue with the Quick Play lights on all the time. 

Has anyone solved this?  We cannot be the only ones who have experienced this issue. 

C'mon HP, PLEASE help us out here!!!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation