Question

Honor Student
memcey
Message 1 of 3 (835 Views)

RECOVERY (:D) full after factory reset HP Pavilion dv6-6112TU

[ Edited ]

I bought a Pavilion dv6 notebook one week ago. I used Microsoft easy transfer to bring across data from the old desktop. The notebook continually came up with the message that  RECOVERY (: D) was running out of disk space, and to use  Disk Cleanup to free more space (I would be able to free 0 bytes). The only file then (and now) in : D is the recovery file.

I contacted HP who advised me to do a full system reset, which I did.

As soon as it was reset to factory settings, the same message continued to pop up. It does so every hour.

I contacted HP who then advised me that everything was fine, that amount of data should be in the drive, and there is no way to stop the message coming up every hour.

Considering this is a brand new computer, it seems a little odd that it would be set to deliver a message for low space every hour for the next however many years.

Can someone please advise - is this a problem with my computer alone? Is the a standard fault across this model/make? Is there anything I can do to stop the messaging?

Could I save that file to an extenal hard drive, to free up : D?

Many thanks for any help.

Master's Graduate
Jolly_Rogers
Message 2 of 3 (797 Views)

Re: RECOVERY (:D) full after factory reset HP Pavilion dv6-6112TU

You need not be worried about this as you can fix this issue by going through the following document:

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&dlc=en&docname=c01508532&lc=en&product=3768344

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
memcey
Message 3 of 3 (794 Views)

Re: RECOVERY (:D) full after factory reset HP Pavilion dv6-6112TU

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your advice on this.

I don't think this has addressed the issue, as : D is not selected as an Automatic Restore Point, and when view hidden folders was selected the only file that seemed to be in the drive is 'recovery', which I am loathe to delete.

Jolly_Rogers wrote:

You need not be worried about this as you can fix this issue by going through the following document:

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&dlc=en&docname=c01508532&lc=en&product=3768344

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation