Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi

I Have a HP Pavilion dv6-6080se

I Upgrade To Windows 8 And The Bluetooth Not Work.

Help Me.

52 REPLIES 52
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this W8 package works. It is designed for the 4.0 bluetooth but maybe it will work.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=32...

Paul

HP Recommended

It's not working. Tried it. Worst thing is that you cannot pair and other devices cannot pair you. The Win 7 bluetooth software is very nice but when it comes to windows 8 everything messed. Please provide the same functionalities for the Ralink Motorola BC8 bluetooth as what we had in Windows 7 for windows 8. 

HP Recommended

hello,

I have a DM1 3130 with the same bluetooth adapter.

no bluetooth available....

how could we fix that ? I also tried the bluetooth 4 file in the link..

regards

HP Recommended
hello all.
The only workaround I found was to remove the ralink card using the other model that my mainboard would accept: broadcom, part # HP 600370-001 (very low price on ebay)

everything is fine now, with the latest broadcom driver for win8

regards
HP Recommended
I have the same problem with my Ralink Bluetooth driver. It's not compatible with Win8.
I don't want to replace it with Broadcom just yet because my laptop is still in warranty.
Does anybody here knows if Ralink will come up with a Windows 8 driver update for Ralink Motorola BC4 Bluetooth 3.0 + HS Adapter?
HP Recommended

Hello i-am-rotk.  I understand you're wondering about a driver for your Ralink bluetooth adapter.  

I can't find any information on when Ralink might release this driver.  However, I was wondering if you had tried installing the Windows 7 driver in compatibility mode.  A lot of users have had success with this work around.

Here is a link to the driver for Windows 7.  Download this and then try the following steps.  

1. Visit HP Support and get the Windows 7 drivers for the hardware you'd like to try.
  2. Download the driver to your desktop.
  3. Allow the extraction to complete but close the installation process when it comes up.
  4. Navigate to the C:\swsetup\ folder.  You will see your driver listed here.  They usually have a name like "sp58919".  Navigate to this folder.
  5. Within your driver's folder you will see a "setup.exe" file.  Right click this file and select Properties.
  6. Navigate to the "Compatibility" tab.
  7. Click the box that says "Run this program in Compatibility mode for..." and also select Windows 7 from the drop down menu.
  8. Check the box which says "Run this program as administrator" at the bottom.
  9. Save these changes and double-click the "setup.exe" to begin the install.
  10. Once the install completes reboot your PC and verify the functionality of the piece of hardware.

Let me know if this works for you.  I hope you continue to have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

Hi AttackofZaq,

Thank you for your reply.  I did as instructed and I was able to receive a bluetooth file to my HP.  When I turned on my HP the following day to test sending and pairing, the bluetooth icon disappeared.  I went through the same process, and saw the bt icon again.  Nothing happens when I click on "Open my bluetooth".  This makes it impossible for me to pair and send files.  

I turned off my HP, and when I turned it back on, the bt icon disappeared again, I had to go through the same process again to view the bt icon.  Even after reinstalling, the "Open my bluetooth" option does not work.  Nothing happens when I click it.  

Any other thoughts?  

HP Recommended

Good morning i-am-rotk.  

Unfortunately the only software for this device that I am able to locate (which I previously linked to) is the driver which supports Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7.  I can't seem to find anything that indicates that the product is supported by Ralink for use in Windows 8.  The only option would be to replace the Bluetooth card with one which supports Windows 8 or use an external Bluetooth adapter.  Here are some examples of such products. 

If you have any more questions do not hesitate to ask.  I hope you have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.