Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Honor Student,

Tried the link but it's not letting me completely install.  During the install, I get the error about the installation being interrupted.  I tried several times but I keep on getting the same error. 

Thanks,

HP Recommended

I have HP G6-2016Tx and have the same issue.

Bluetooth was working in win 7 but does not work when switch to win 8

The suggestion Attackofzaq , an HP employee to change the Bluetooth card is pathetic and unhelpful.

Will HP change the card of its consumers notebook because it has put an old hardware in their notebook

HP provides drivers for Win 8 for my machine and gives 3 bluetooth drivers (O_o) none of which work

The HP support says that drivers are not available.

This support by HP(world reputed company) is very bad to say the least

HP Recommended

I have DV7 4130 with Ralink Motorola BC4 bluetooth adapter. When I  upgrade (via clean install) to Windows 8, my Bluetooth adapter works  fine - I can connect to a Bluetooth wireless headset or to a phone. Adapter works with default windows 8 drivers. Adapter works on default windows 8 drivers. Notebook was discoverable from phone and vice versa.

My friend has exactly this same notebook upgraded to Windows 8, but her bluetooth doesn't work. So I tried to find a solution and installed a few drivers on my laptop... and my  Bluetooth won't connect anymore.

When i revert to  Windows 7, everything works fine. So I formatted the drive and made a clean installation of Windows 8. Bluetooth still does not work.

This is very strange for me. From my point of view, this adapter works with Windows 8 with default system drivers - at least it worked once with a clean system install. But some circumstances make it so it doesn't work anymore.

HP Recommended

I have HP G62-455SX and have the same issue.

Bluetooth was working in win 7 but does not work when switch to win 8

HP Recommended

@Moh3en wrote:

Hi

I Have a HP Pavilion dv6-6080se

I Upgrade To Windows 8 And The Bluetooth Not Work.

Help Me.

HP Recommended

Hello redaelhosary.  I understand your bluetooth doesn't work after upgrading to Windows 8.

There do not appear to be any Windows 8 drivers for this device.  So, I would suggest installing the Windows 7 driver in compatibility mode.  Here is a link to the latest driver.

Follow these instructions when installing the device.

Let me know if this helps.  Have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

Hello creaSig.  I understand you're trying to get your bluetooth to work in Windows 8.

I am also unable to find Windows 8 drivers for your notebook.  You should try installing this driver in Compatibility Mode.

Here are the steps for using drivers within Compatibility Mode.

Have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

Hello!..

Just do a clean install of windows 8 and DO NOT TRY install any bluetooth driver... Let it be the Generic Bluetooth Driver..
I can send and recieve files using this driver and there is no problem

HP Recommended

Below solution worked for me

1. Open Device manager
  2. Right click on Bluetooth driver and click on update
  3. Click on “Browse my computer for driver software”
  4. Click on “Let me pick from a list of driver in my computer”
  5. Un check “Show compatible hardware” checkbox
  6. Select Cambridge silicon Radio Ltd
  7. Select “Generic Bluetooth radio”
  8. Click next
  9. Click finish

Click on kudos if this works for you

HP Recommended
Hello, I just want know if this solution works with an other someone?
Thk's!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.