Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I m having the same issue but the HP employee says they do not have drivers for this .Now what to do

HP Recommended
I tried, and it didn't work 😞
HP Recommended

chankit and JeromeW,

What is the exact model of notebook that you are using?

Thanks,

Kyle

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

I have a dm1-3040ca with the same problem.  tried calling hp for a driver and they told me to call microsoft(?????)  my laptop is only 2 years old and there must be a lot of hp laptops with this same card.  does hp think people will just buy a new laptop?  if hp doesn't provide some drivers quick, i'm done with this company. 

HP Recommended

cwt23, 

Are you having the same issue, where bluetooth is not working since you have upgraded to Windows 8?

If so, please take a look at the following website:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/ad/windows-8/about-upgrading.html

It says "HP is providing upgrade instructions and drivers will be available for most Windows 7 systems sold after 1st October 2011." and "Please note that if you purchased your system prior to October 1, 2011, HP has not tested these PCs or developed Windows 8 upgrade instructions or drivers for them. Upgrading such systems may be difficult or impossible."

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Probook 4530s

HP Recommended

Hi Kyle,

From the  the link you gave (positively rephrasing it) -  If purchased AFTER Oct 1, 2011, HP has tested these PCs or has developed Windows 8 Upgrade instructions or drivers for them.  Since I bought my HP Pav4 on Dec 2012, am I correct to expect that HP will release a driver update for Ralink Motorola BC4/NC8 Bluetooth 3.0+HS Driver soon?

The 2 "More Info Links" windowsupgradeoffer.com and windowsupgradeoffer.com/en-US/home/faq direct to a page where I can use an Upgrade Assistant to check if my PC is ready for Windows 8.  I have already upgraded from Win7 to Win8, and when I used the compatability wizard during the upgrade, I was not notified about any incompatible bluetooth drivers.  It appears I can't use any of the links anymore because I have already upgraded to Windows 8.

I hope HP will release a BT driver update for Windows 8 soon.

Thank you,

i-am-rotk 

HP Recommended

If you purchased it after that date, then technically, yes. 

I would recommend that you keep an eye on your products page at support.hp.com under the drivers section or download the HP Support Assistant, which will notify you when updates and updated drivers are released.

You can download the HP Support Assistant from the following link if you do not already have it:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/pl...

Best of luck,

Kyle

Signature
HP Recommended

I am writing the working solution here (I've succesfully used it on 2 HP laptops) so everyone can get rid of the Ralink headache. 

You don't need the Ralink the driver for windows 8. It knows how to take care of itself. So first thing you do is to remove Ralink driver software package using Add or Remove Programs function in the Control Panel. Next go to device manager (search Charm for device manager, under Settings), under the bluetooth section, remove the driver for the Bluetooth card, then uninstall it from the computer. Restart the computer, or click "Scan for hardware change" so Windows can recognize the Bluetooth card, then it will proceed with installing the generic driver. After it's done, you should see "Generic Bluetooth Adapter" and "Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator" under Bluetooth section. 

You're good to go. Now search charm for device. Under settings there is "Add a Bluetooth Device", click on that, now you should be able to use Bluetooth as normal. 

HP Recommended

Awesome fix edmondv!! Thanks for sharing this, I hope others have success with it as you did. 

Signature
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.