Question

Top Student
Grandpakikng
Message 1 of 8 (1,792 Views)

Repair click button

I need instructions on how to repair the left click button of the mouse of a HP ZT1135 laptop.
Provost
erico
Message 2 of 8 (1,769 Views)

Re: Repair click button

Grandpakikng wrote:
I need instructions on how to repair the left click button of the mouse of a HP ZT1135 laptop.
Hi,
Do you mean the touch pad?
What is wrong with it?
regards,
erico 

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the Kudos thumbs up icon

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
Grandpakikng
Message 3 of 8 (1,763 Views)

The left click button of the built-in touch pad feels like the spring has either broken or is out of socket (if there is such).  I want to repair it myself but I don't know how to disassemble it and can't find any written instructions on the internet.  HP will not help me.  Please help me or direct me to where I can get help.  Thanks.
Provost
erico
Message 4 of 8 (1,759 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I see your laptop is not in warranty considering its generation.

HP no longer supplies most of the parts for your laptop. You might have to search to find another one of the same  laptop series to scavenge the parts from. That is what I do for an old Compaq 1400 laptop I own from 1995. It still works!

I suggest using a laptop or normal optical mouse to achieve the same funtions as the touchpad keys. Sorry to bear bad news. 

erico 

Message Edited by erico on 10-04-2009 01:54 AM
Message Edited by erico on 10-04-2009 02:06 AM

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having

Top Student
Grandpakikng
Message 5 of 8 (1,727 Views)

Thanks for your advice, but can you tell me how I can dismantle the touch pad to see if I can repair it?  Is there a web site I can got to to get a repair manual for this laptop?
Provost
erico
Message 6 of 8 (1,710 Views)

Hi,

Go to insidemylaptop.com or youtube and search for a similar laptop. There you can find generic and sometimes specific video and written tutorials on disassembly and repair of various laptop brands. Look for the same basic series as your HP/Compaq laptop.  This will require patience, (lots of it :smileyhappy:) a steady hand, gentle disassemble, a plastic box (for the tiny screws and a jewelers philips screwdriver. When disassembling the laptop do it without force or breakage will result. Of course you assume all risk of disassembling your laptop. :smileywink:

regards,

erico 

Top Student
Grandpakikng
Message 7 of 8 (1,701 Views)

Thank you very much for your prompt response and good information.  I will try those locations for info.  Have a great day.
Top Student
alekshernandez
Message 8 of 8 (1,392 Views)

In order to get to the touch pad you need to follow this unassambling steps:

1 Remove top panel (containing power button and one-touch-buttons)

2 Remove the keyboard

3 Remove all screws at the bottom 

4 The top cover should be free for inspection (carefully disconnect the keyboard and mouspad ribon cables)

Fix as necessary

For more guides use this pdf from hp.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/lpi05595.pdf

I do have 2 laptops of this model not working. One has a power connector problem and the other one I think is the bios, sometimes starts and sometimes it doesnt.

alekshernandez

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation