Question

Honor Student
ms84
Message 1 of 3 (3,196 Views)
Accepted Solution

Replacing display on HP Pavilion dv4 -2049wm?

My laptop had an engine blowout and crashed from about 4-1/2 feet trying to fly across the room and cracked the display leaving only about 25% viewable.  I have found the replacement screen online, but I cannot find any instructions on how this is done.  Does anyone have experience with or have knowledge of a link that can show/explain to me how to replace the screen?   Many thanks....

Provost
Huffer
Message 2 of 3 (3,192 Views)

Re: Replacing display on HP Pavilion dv4 -2049wm?

This video explains it pretty well:

Youtube, of course

I have done this many times and it is actually one of the easier laptop repair items on most models. You may also want to have the manual:

Manual

The dv4 is slightly more difficult than most because you have to remove the whole display assembly at the place where the hinges connect to the main body of the laptop in order to get at the screen itself. So the video is not 100% accurate for you. It shows the easier method of just removing the front plastic cover, which applies to most types of laptops but not the dv4, but much of the video is useful.

Honor Student
ms84
Message 3 of 3 (3,175 Views)

Re: Replacing display on HP Pavilion dv4 -2049wm?

Thanks Huffer, this was a big help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation